Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 07:00 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

You can also roll another class that doesn't need legacy items in the same way, like Enchanter or other casters.

Good luck!

-Blue-
Atychi - 23 Necromancer
Atych - 27 Druid
Old 05-05-2020, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

Wait for Kunark and roll an Iksar something. You won't have to regret not having a Guise as Iksars can't have a Guise (other than through a GM event).

You won't have to regret not having Jboots as you will be able to quest the very same Jboots.

You won't have to regret not having a Rubi BP as it will become mule fashion and you will be able to purchase one easily.

You won't have to regret not having a Manastone as you will be able to purchase one, if you really want to.

Alternatively, roll a DE something now.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When was the last time you saw a GM event? They didn't even bother with doing a GM event for this launch (which was historically one of the largest and most celebrated GM events in the early game).
The last one I can think of was the 10 year anniversary back in October - shortly before Green launched. Enough people attended that WC crashed and people were voicegrafting fish and skeletons and there was a huge conga line. I went to bed before it ended though so no idea what rewards or prizes there were.

-Mcoy
Old 05-05-2020, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Looks like one of the rewards was 4 guises:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players...niversary_2019

-Mcoy
Old 05-05-2020, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let it go. Just let it go. Seriously, I say this well aware of the backlash that may erupt but......... this is just a computer game, there are many more important things in life.
Then why post this?
-Do you have any stories to relate his issues to?

-Do you have any advice, decent advice to give?

-Provide some examples of these more important things in life.. We are all on different journeys.. Maybe your mom and dad are important, maybe it's your kids, or your Sound FX Lightsaber from Hasbro.. But maybe he doesn't have parents, and doesn't have kids, and doesn't like star wars?

-Have you met the Original poster before? Do you know him and his situation in depth? No? That guy says he's staring at a due date on life, And I don't go around life second guessing what people who I don't know, say. It's not worth my energy. Do you Guesty.

Look- All i'm trying to say is- Stfu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Kthanks
Old 05-05-2020, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, who gives a flying F about legacy items? Or for that matter maxing out that fast on Green, woohoo lets grief noobs while level 50 while we wait for Kunark to release in six or nine or twelve months
You input is extremely valuable. Thanks you whore.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:56 AM
Orc

This is a net positive because now your warrior looks much cooler than he would have with the guise.

edit: Unless you were a gnome or something.
But certainly for the present age, which prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, representation to reality, the appearance to the essence... illusion only is sacred, truth profane. Nay, sacredness is held to be enhanced in proportion as truth decreases and illusion increases, so that the highest degree of illusion comes to be the highest degree of sacredness.
-Feuerbach, Preface to the second edition of The Essence of Christianity
Last edited by worm4real; 05-05-2020 at 11:58 AM..
Old 05-05-2020, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let it go. Just let it go. Seriously, I say this well aware of the backlash that may erupt but......... this is just a computer game, there are many more important things in life.
not to this kid he is literally depressed over it
Old 05-05-2020, 10:04 PM
Aviak

While reading all your replies and getting some insight into the server and their reasons for inaccurate date estimations, rather I agree with it or not, I realize they have a purpose and I am sure do not solely exist to crush the hopes and dreams of the niche group of people who still have a love affair with this 21 year old game.

Its pretty human when I feel stressed to reach out to strangers since I was raised on the internet. I know anytime you post anything publicly you are going to have some small percentage of memeing going on, but usually someone has something insightful and possibly impactful to say.

At this point, after discussion with friends and family, I have decided I still love the game and the possibility of me not ever having a mask on my warrior is one I will have to deal with. I cannot let a cosmetic item control whether or not I get to enjoy the game Brad McQuaid intended us to, even though that is easier said than done in my personal case.

My only hope going forward is that the powers that be possibly consider doing seasonal GM events where at least a handful of people can at least get excited about the possibility of being in the right place at the right time and getting blessed with an EQ treasure. I kind of equate it to that Dumb and Dumber scene when Lloyd was told his chances were one in a million, but instead of getting discouraged he said "So you're saying there's a chance?" Lol, you would be surprised how much the way you perceive things mentally can effect your ability to cope with certain circumstances.

If it has been a long time since there has been a GM event, maybe there are reasons. After all, this is a free to play server so for there to be more GM interaction, they have to have at least some sort of motivation to want to reward us without breaking the server rules.

In my opinion, there has to possibly be some way for the players to make it more appealing or worth the time of the admins to want to log in and interact with the player base and give away prizes.

I have to remind myself that I cannot 100% blame the incorrect wiki date estimations for me not having a mask. I didn't hear about Green because I didn't visit the forums or google Everquest for a very long time and I ended up getting super unlucky because of that.

Thanks for the kind messages guys. It helps more than you know.
Last edited by Yacoby44; 05-05-2020 at 10:10 PM..
Old 05-05-2020, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacoby44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
having a maxed out warrior with a Guise was one of my bucket list dreams to make happen.
Oh ho!!

First off, I'm guessing you are an ogre / troll / barbarian... because you are trying to min/max your warrior to be super uber (most likely an ogre out of those to be supreme min/max).

But it isn't just a shrink problem (because, well, you could shrink yourself soon enough with potions and kunark bracer)....which means it is a character problem! You dream of being an ogre strong dark elf!

WELLLL ! Here's what you gotta do....

Reroll as a dark elf.

Why? Because you will have much more fun!!!! Especially if you twink yourself a little (boots of brawn, hero bracer, some other strength stuff and some potions).

How come more fun? Because you have a deep character flaw / drive built into your character!!! You have a passion, a deep overarching desire.... to be a dark elf warrior THAT IS OGRE STRONK!

Make that the focus of your play!! Really lean into it and surpass that goal of an ogre stronk warrior!

Yea, ogres got some really bananas starting stats.... and the no stun from front is neat (but not everything, at all).

Especially if you reach into potion usage (dark elf has a +15 advantage on agility....which means they can use +25 STR, +15 STA, -20 AGI potion... ogres would drop their agility under 70 using those, but dark elves could do it... or use a +15sta, +25 dex, -20 AGI potion if you want to proc more.... again, ogres don't have the option as easily).

You could get your strength and stamina pretty close to an ogres if you wanted.... along with making a lot more money selling and stuff.

Having a character that has a flaw or some deep desire is the most fun type to play... it gives you a motivation to try and overcome. Also dark elves get racial ability to hide (which is pretty handy).

Really, in this game, there is no reason you NEED to be at the very very very top (having 10 more strength means you might hit for 1 or 2 points more damage....). Stressing about 10 stat points here or there won't make or break any situation.... it's WAY more about the player and equipment and exploring other areas (like potions!). You could be max strong with kunark....and even an ogre can't be stronger than max strong.
Closed Thread