Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-27-2020, 05:03 AM
Planar Protector

Mark Graham got back to me and confirmed a 'content owner' had requested that Ezboard forums be blocked on the Wayback Machine. I assume from the timing involved that this was Yuku, now acquired by Tapatalk.

I've sent some emails and posted this thread on the Taptalk support forums. There had already been at least one user there requesting access to Ezboard forums again, and one of the support admins (ChrisW) had asked around but I'm chasing them for a followup and an official reply.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapa...ne-t45474.html

Also messaged the Tapatalk CEO on Linkedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Though I doubt he will answer.

I'm still chasing this, I don't give up easy.

I've got a list of about 1,000 ezboard URLs scraped with grep from my EQ archive that I'm ready to start dumping the minute these come online again.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

What's really frustrating is I can see these old messages are still there:

https://web.archive.org/cdx/search/c...agicianstower*

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-29-2020, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Tapatalk.
After checking with our team, I'm afraid that we will not be able to do this, sorry.
By the way, unless you have the link from an old bookmark that was never updated, themagicianstower was not migrated to Yuku. There were no direct migrations from pub6 to yuku. If I recall correctly, all ezboard forums hosted on pub6 and any of the other pub servers were migrated to two servers of which one later crashed. (I worked with the ezboard -> Yuku migration team back then).

I'm very sorry I cannot be of more help, but we cannot pursue this.

Chris
Tapatalk Support
Why am I not surprised.

I'm now chasing it up direct to the CEO Winter Wong.
Last edited by Dolalin; 07-29-2020 at 04:33 AM..
Old 08-04-2020, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Slight movement here. Mark Graham got back to me and said archive.org can whitelist individual Ezboards if Tapatalk will agree to it. I am trying to see if I could get a handful of otherwise unrecoverable boards whitelisted, even for a reasonable fee. I can't see the commercial risk for them unless they simply can't be bothered sending an email.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

I’m cheering you on!
Old 08-05-2020, 12:25 AM
Developer

Currently water elementals have 3 to 5 times more regen than the other elementals of the same level. So by comparison they already have more regen. It would be helpful to confirm the regen of the other elementals in our era before looking further into the water regen.

Water elemental poison resist was already double that of other elementals. I tripled it pending update.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theturtlehermit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.watson.org/~wander/eq/index2.html

There are other sites that prove what im saying. I know im not crazy. I played mage in classic EQ and the water pets HP regen was crazy. Also the water pet is supposed to have a HIGHER poison resist. I leveled from lvl 5 (rattlesnakes) to lvl 14(cistern asps) on NOTHING BUT FUCKING SNAKES because they were weaker and because the water pet NEVER GOT POISONED!!! NEVER!!! NOT EVEN ONCE THE WHOLE TIME!! NOTHING BUT SNAKES!! Im really serious here. But I understand this is only a personal anecdote.

There are many examples of what Im saying to be true. SOmeone has already in the past brought up the fact that the pets do not cast their elemental spells at the proper classic rates as well. Can anyone with some authority comment on this? Thanks.
I used to play on a PvP server (Vallon Zek, then Sullon Zek) as a magician. Your pet can not be poisoned from what I remember. I think it was flat out immune or it's resists were so high no one could actually poison it. It also did have very high regeneration. Water was the best pet in the game.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it didn't. The Earth pet simply had a lot more health than any other pet in the game, which meant it took longer to regen to full health.
Yes, Earth had substantially more health. Air had the most AC.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently water elementals have 3 to 5 times more regen than the other elementals of the same level.
Really? So was this all this recent chatter in this thread mostly pointless? or did this just get changed recently?

And speaking of pet regen. I think it's not quite right on P99. I believe that when pets are in combat their base regen rate is supposed to be reduced massively, and then it takes 1 tick after a pet stays out of combat to switch them back into "super regen" mode. I'm not 100% certain of this but pretty damn sure it worked like that I'm not sure what the healing reduction percent was, however. .
Getting your pet "stuck in combat" was notoriously one of the most frustrating bugs to deal with and I believe this was mainly to do with the fact they would not go back to fast regen mode.
Last edited by DMN; 08-07-2020 at 10:42 PM..
Old 08-07-2020, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

What a bad a