Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make all dragons invulnerable
Old 07-23-2019, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

Zone line pulls were heavily dependent on ultra-fast COTH reflexes for FTE, but there were frequent opportunities to pick up dropped/failed pulls. PS won a number of mobs without even having COTH mages.

Both zone line pulls and crawls require skill; zone line allow much smaller guilds with a core of good playmakers to secure dragons. Rustle, Core, and to an extent the last few weeks of Tempest, did well with this. Crawls require organisation and more contribution from a broader portion of a raid force, forcing players to actually play and utilise their abilities.

Rooted dragons favour larger zergs as they can clear more quickly and engage targets with more trash up with more room to absorb mistakes. That said, above a certain point it becomes diminishing returns. Whether you have 60 people or 160 people isn't really going to definitively tip the scales, with the potential exception of Vulak.

I like both. Zone line pulls are friendlier to casual guilds and provide diversity in the raid scene. Rooted dragons drive the min/maxers to one of two megazergs and effectively exclude casual guilds entirely.

If the goal of rooted dragons was to reduce ToV-related raid drama and disputes, I'd argue it's probably not succeeded. It temporarily de-trivialised encounters, but we're already starting to see guilds optimising their engage strategies and kite trash to the extent it probably won't be long before it's "trivial" again.

Some tweaks to the aggro linking mechanics, and the ability to position dragons better, should make other strategies more viable and remove the overwhelming bias on zerging being the definitive answer as it currently is.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welp, idk if you’ve heard or not, but I’m a seasoned gamer bruh.

This is the first mmorpg I’ve raided seriously. The reason it enticed me was due to how insane pulling to zone was.

I was a pro counter strike player. Sponsored and all that. In fact, I was sponsored to go to a lan next month in Texas. Im still pretty good.

I was a 4K+ player in Dota 2 back when that was very very high, beta+ just after release. Semi pro level HoN player. Played high level halo 2 when I was like 14. Top 2% age of empires 3. (never could get into Starcraft)

So id say id have decent authority to judge what takes skill in a video game or not.

I also has career and women
imagine posting something this cringy
Old 07-23-2019, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welp, idk if you’ve heard or not, but I’m a seasoned gamer bruh.
Oh do tell.

Quote:
This is the first mmorpg I’ve raided seriously. The reason it enticed me was due to how insane pulling to zone was.
That enticed you? There's plenty of games during the PS1 era for you to get this thrill and then some. Resident Evil is doing to make you blow a load in your pants.

Quote:
I was a pro counter strike player. Sponsored and all that. In fact, I was sponsored to go to a lan next month in Texas. Im still pretty good.
Neat, but why does that matter at all to anyone playing this game? They're completely different games.

Quote:
I was a 4K+ player in Dota 2 back when that was very very high, beta+ just after release.
Are you applying for a job or something?

Quote:
Semi pro level HoN player. Played high level halo 2 when I was like 14. Top 2% age of empires 3. (never could get into Starcraft)

So id say id have decent authority to judge what takes skill in a video game or not.
Alright, going to ask you to prove it. You're making some pretty big claims, but someone with your pedigree should have no problem proving all of this. Screenshots, etc.

Quote:
I also has career and women
The cringe-o-meter is only reading 3.6
Old 07-23-2019, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

How much for the women, we want to buy the women

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 07-23-2019, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh do tell.

That enticed you? There's plenty of games during the PS1 era for you to get this thrill and then some. Resident Evil is doing to make you blow a load in your pants.

Neat, but why does that matter at all to anyone playing this game? They're completely different games.

Are you applying for a job or something?

Alright, going to ask you to prove it. You're making some pretty big claims, but someone with your pedigree should have no problem proving all of this. Screenshots, etc.

The cringe-o-meter is only reading 3.6
How you going to come at a fellow FoHer this hard bro I thought we had love.

I’ll post some shit later.

I said all this in response to the mblake guy saying Eq takes no skill (90% of the time it’s true) and that this game isn’t quake or Starcraft and that somebody who plays those games will back up that claim. So I had to throw down my epeen
Old 07-23-2019, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine posting something this cringy
Mad cuz bad
Old 07-23-2019, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much for the women, we want to buy the women
Women 10 dorrar each. Long time.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
How you going to come at a fellow FoHer this hard bro I thought we had love.

I’ll post some shit later.

I said all this in response to the mblake guy saying Eq takes no skill (90% of the time it’s true) and that this game isn’t quake or Starcraft and that somebody who plays those games will back up that claim. So I had to throw down my epeen
You never talk to me, you never look at me during...How can I love a man like that?

I can't get hurt like this by you, Twochain. Not again.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You never talk to me, you never look at me during...How can I love a man like that?

I can't get hurt like this by you, Twochain. Not again.
Them bitches ain't loyal
Closed Thread