Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're not allowed to make any more of these threads until Kunark comes out on Green99.

P99 staff are not about to have two servers in Classic era at the same time. Let them open Kunark on Green99, then you're allowed to make this thread again (and again and again). Ok? Ok.
seems kinda dumb

if red2.0 is made it should never leave kunark

in fact it should just open up already in kunark and just stay there
Old 05-28-2020, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

I'm thinking we gotta do kubark + iksars only red99 server just for the heck of it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I think Rogean prides himself on not wiping pixels and I can respect that as building trust with your community. That being said doing a pvp approach similar to what green 99 is doing could be wise. The difference is, you'll never maintain a healthy population on a PVP server, but you can keep it "alive" (not one guild alone in the world farming end game) by allowing two-boxing. PVP by its nature isolates the number of parties you can group and explore the world with, this means melee classes are highly undesirable unless part of a poop-sock guild. Casual players and smaller guilds simply cannot compete in this one box classic XP environment. There is nothing inherent that makes it unethical to two-box if the server rules acknowledge it as allowed based on a low population making leveling impossible for certain classes.

I push so hard for this because it kept the PVP scene alive for so many in the 2007-2011 era. For Red99 I really wanted to play a melee, but I basically felt forced into playing a necro/caster class to keep up with my guild as my schedule did not permit me to join the melee groups at optimal hours. That was the reality of Red99 launch. Get in a melee train or get left behind, or level a class that can solo.

Long rant but I think a P99 certified 2 boxing PVP server would create a resurgence we haven't had in a decade.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Rogean prides himself on not wiping pixels and I can respect that as building trust with your community. That being said doing a pvp approach similar to what green 99 is doing could be wise. The difference is, you'll never maintain a healthy population on a PVP server, but you can keep it "alive" (not one guild alone in the world farming end game) by allowing two-boxing. PVP by its nature isolates the number of parties you can group and explore the world with, this means melee classes are highly undesirable unless part of a poop-sock guild. Casual players and smaller guilds simply cannot compete in this one box classic XP environment. There is nothing inherent that makes it unethical to two-box if the server rules acknowledge it as allowed based on a low population making leveling impossible for certain classes.

I push so hard for this because it kept the PVP scene alive for so many in the 2007-2011 era. For Red99 I really wanted to play a melee, but I basically felt forced into playing a necro/caster class to keep up with my guild as my schedule did not permit me to join the melee groups at optimal hours. That was the reality of Red99 launch. Get in a melee train or get left behind, or level a class that can solo.

Long rant but I think a P99 certified 2 boxing PVP server would create a resurgence we haven't had in a decade.
Yeah I agree.

Boxing is inherently fine, its when mixed with automation and exploits it gets bad.

Anyway 1 lvl 50 or 60 can easily exploit most grouping and soloing content and dungeons. So...... liekk. u don't even need to box to be bad for the server, or a bad player, keep that in mind..

at least on pvp u can kill players u dont really like
Old 05-28-2020, 06:02 PM
Kobold

make pvp box with timelock progression classic to PoP
Old 05-28-2020, 09:41 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2020, 11:00 PM
Kobold

fuck u Lulz, hope all is well irl
Old 05-29-2020, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Some real fucking losers in this thread
Old 05-29-2020, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seems kinda dumb

if red2.0 is made it should never leave kunark

in fact it should just open up already in kunark and just stay there
dumb tranny
Old 05-29-2020, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dumb tranny
Mad,I don't know at what
Closed Thread