Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 08:51 PM
Orc

Default diety based pvp

I was one of the original players on the diety based pvp server.
Still for the life of me do not know why it was taken down. There was alot goin on with SWG and DAoC at the time, but the server itself was probably the most active of all of EQ servers at that time.
So my question is:
knowing it was that popular, and watching the immense propoganda people have laid against it for years on end saying it wasn't.. have you guys ever done a real re-enactment of the exact server?
In the end they were rolling out a medallion drop that would have been able to be collected and used as currency to buy 'stuff' from merchants in cities. but cities is where we controlled territory and it changed, so we were sure there was different rewards per cities. Never got to find out, server closed shortly after.
This was also around when Legends released, so that might have been a factor too.
Long story short, DAoC released, successful, WAR release, successful. there is a demand for 3 team pvp done right.
EQ's Pvp deity server was 3 team pvp done right.. i can testify to it. It was straight chaos, but fun and the forced aspect of teaming and not knowing at first what team a person is on was fun.
I was a newt wizard, part of the EK, Highpass battles and war for Kithicor. for reference to the time.
I realize the mind set might be different with the gamers today, but haven't found any info of any eq team that has replicated the server. Have you guys?
WARHammer reboot averaging 3-4k daily on server (with Qs).. there is definitely a call for it.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by torr071 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was one of the original players on the diety based pvp server.
Still for the life of me do not know why it was taken down. There was alot goin on with SWG and DAoC at the time, but the server itself was probably the most active of all of EQ servers at that time.
So my question is:
knowing it was that popular, and watching the immense propoganda people have laid against it for years on end saying it wasn't.. have you guys ever done a real re-enactment of the exact server?
In the end they were rolling out a medallion drop that would have been able to be collected and used as currency to buy 'stuff' from merchants in cities. but cities is where we controlled territory and it changed, so we were sure there was different rewards per cities. Never got to find out, server closed shortly after.
This was also around when Legends released, so that might have been a factor too.
Long story short, DAoC released, successful, WAR release, successful. there is a demand for 3 team pvp done right.
EQ's Pvp deity server was 3 team pvp done right.. i can testify to it. It was straight chaos, but fun and the forced aspect of teaming and not knowing at first what team a person is on was fun.
I was a newt wizard, part of the EK, Highpass battles and war for Kithicor. for reference to the time.
I realize the mind set might be different with the gamers today, but haven't found any info of any eq team that has replicated the server. Have you guys?
WARHammer reboot averaging 3-4k daily on server (with Qs).. there is definitely a call for it.
Yeah it was a great server and rules set.

Wow battlegrounds and pvp honor where a direct attempt to capitalize on Sullens popularity.

Yes it had its plug pulled before its time. Probably by the same people invested in the success of those other projects. Probably under the guise of having a toxic community that made SoE liable and unmarketable.

So yeah, the suits killed one of EQ lives greatest successes.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

We Fight For God, Exile. Who do You Fight For?

I'd still roll Inny and destroy you cazic freaks
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:43 PM
Orc

So was there ever a version made for p99 of this server? Would there be an interest? I been asking for this TLP since they created TLPs, but to no avail.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

That sounds way fun.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Ala Akbar!

Ala Akbar!
Old 06-03-2020, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Sullon Zek? It didn't have the plug pulled before its time. Every PVP server got merged at the same time when there was low pop on each of them. Sullon was already 90% stagnant by that time with everyone playing evil team and doing life uncontested.

Lets argue about it, we need a good discussion.

LDON augments destroyed rallos item loot cuz twinks were always full augment, so I was done at that point, but then the server merge was pretty sad admission of EQ1 live being donzo.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Sullon Zek was great, except one thing. Only the evil team got shadowknights, and necros, which are great in PvP. So the evil team was overpowered against neutral and good teams. If it were redone, I'd think a starting city group could be balanced better so every team had every class.

However, changing a classic server to be better is not P1999 thing--so if we had a Sullon Zek rules server, I'd be on it in a minute.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowner411 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so if we had a Sullon Zek rules server, I'd be on it in a minute.
+1
Old 06-03-2020, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

This topic, and pretty much every other topic regarding Everquest PvP and why we need a new server has been beaten to death, resurrected, beaten again, corpse summoned, and beaten some more.

If you want to talk about Everquest PvP, I suggest you join our discord:

https://discord.gg/z2PAJY
Closed Thread