Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

That wouldn't solve the problem though? There's more to the game than raiding. Normal group content scenarios shouldn't be negatively impacted because of people using cross-teaming mechanics to gain advantages.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That wouldn't solve the problem though? There's more to the game than raiding. Normal group content scenarios shouldn't be negatively impacted because of people using cross-teaming mechanics to gain advantages.
I mean... is there?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I feel like 80%+ of the nerds still playing 21 year old elf-simulator are here for raid pixels? Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean... is there?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I feel like 80%+ of the nerds still playing 21 year old elf-simulator are here for raid pixels? Maybe I'm wrong.
I honestly haunt games looking for the:
Sullon Zek experience of East Karana, HighKeep and Kithicor Wars, they were epic times.
Same reason I haunt the EQ boards lookin for a sullon zek tlp, or even a sullon zek regular server.
currently playin amazon alpha, as its the closest thing to sullon zek i can find.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

I was never here for pixels.
Old 06-18-2020, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean... is there?

A mix, I suspect, of survivor bias, ten years to complete two years worth of content and vast xp bonuses diminishing pre-end game content.

Fighting over Orc Hill, Trainer Hill, the Kith/Highpass zone line, Unrest/Dagnor’s Caldron... these are my most enjoyable pvp memories.
Last edited by Jimjam; 06-18-2020 at 01:09 PM..
Old 06-18-2020, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

There's no change and the system is bleeding slowly. Likely just haven't hit the half life yet.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:23 PM
Sarnak

Did they open up the worshipping options on this server? If not, I think that would be an interesting thing to implement. Deity-based PvP, but every character has a much larger pool to choose from (if not completely open). Currently, only "good/neutral races" can be KoS in their own cities by worshipping an evil deity... I think it would be fun and immersive if "evil races" could be KoS by worshipping a good deity as well.

Then again... I guess it would be hard to convince the spawn of the God of Hate to, well, not hate everyone.
Closed Thread