Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 04:01 AM
Kobold

Default Bard Epic is stupid rare

What do you need to get a white dragon scale? To be in one of the 'elite' guilds that can kill Gorenaire or delevel mains to kill Vox. P99 is great fun, and I enjoy it every day logging in and talking to friend, but I hate being told if I'd like to get my epic I should join Riot or AG. The most game changing epic is the cleric epic, and since the royals in Chardok have been up for days I don't think there's a ton of people wishing their cleric had the epic. Why punish the bards?
Shamzoukas Shaman
Healzoukas Ranger
Old 07-22-2020, 05:45 AM
Banned

There are plenty of guilds that have access to white scales that aren't AG or Riot. Kittens has plenty of epic bards.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Cleric epic is great for raids, but it’s not really class defining like the bard or mage epic that elevates them to an entirely different level.

Be thankful you don’t have to sac trak too. You gotta either get on the bat phone, find a way to farm enough pp to buy it, or roll one of the other 11 classes or so with Relatively easy epics.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Tss contests vox sometimes as well.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...or mage epic that elevates them to an entirely different level.
Does it, though? I mean, Fluffy's amazing on paper, but what does having the epic pet give a mage that "elevates them" to a new level? Perhaps I'm ignorant (by listening to disgruntled mages... which is why I'm asking), but I was under the impression that GV:Water is more DPS due to backstab, and Kunark+ mobs completely outstrip ALL mage pets in power level to the point that the epic really only allows you to farm pp camps better. If that's the case, I certainly wouldn't call it elevating.

Honest question from someone who would work to get their epic pet regardless of the answer... because...
Old 07-22-2020, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Some epics are ridiculously hard, and not even game changingly good. Mage epic is awesome but provides little outside of solo content. They’re good DPS, but not game changing.
Some are insanely good and easy af to get (lookin at you, cleric)

I do wish that the barrier of entry for these epics weren’t so high. I don’t like that some guilds never see child’s tear/soul leach/slime blood/white scales. I know the prior 3 of those can change with the Fear Golem agreement going around, and that’s probably the biggest success for me as it helps to make other guilds have access to epics where otherwise they got to farm money and find a seller, or have to leave their guild and join one of the guilds who have the ancient content on farm.

Tl;dr = make bottleneck epics easier. Don’t need to be given Out like candy (monk/rogue/cleric) but something easier than Bard and Mage level rarity

<Gravity>
Old 07-22-2020, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideousclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some epics are ridiculously hard, and not even game changingly good. Mage epic is awesome but provides little outside of solo content. They’re good DPS, but not game changing.
Some are insanely good and easy af to get (lookin at you, cleric)

I do wish that the barrier of entry for these epics weren’t so high. I don’t like that some guilds never see child’s tear/soul leach/slime blood/white scales. I know the prior 3 of those can change with the Fear Golem agreement going around, and that’s probably the biggest success for me as it helps to make other guilds have access to epics where otherwise they got to farm money and find a seller, or have to leave their guild and join one of the guilds who have the ancient content on farm.

Tl;dr = make bottleneck epics easier. Don’t need to be given Out like candy (monk/rogue/cleric) but something easier than Bard and Mage level rarity
WTB more green dragon scales
Old 07-22-2020, 07:40 PM
Kobold

run in circles selling powerlevels til u have 1 million plat then buy the scales. ezpz
Old 07-22-2020, 10:35 PM
Banned

Freedom is also securing white scales with quite a few less members or built up DKP than the above guilds. you should check us out you could have that epic in a few months if you put in the work!
Old 07-22-2020, 11:02 PM
Sarnak

But is Furoar using a willsapper on a wizard to slow vox?
Closed Thread