Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 06:44 PM
Banned

the word "toxic" sure is in right now. it's so perfectly vague as to be used to describe anything anyone doesn't like

here I'll try: pick zones are toxic and ruin the experience of playing original everquest
Old 07-23-2020, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

I played a bard on two of the TLP servers, the first being Ragefire, where I lasted about a month due to the mage armies. The second was the True Box perma-lock for PoP, and it just never felt like EverQuest to me. I think I might have had a song resisted half a dozen times the entire time I was playing, and that was while routinely killing reds. By the time things started to get yellow, most people were moving on because the content was so trivial, and yellows weren't good enough exp.

It was definitely nice to be able to raid without poopsocking your whole life away - but the raids were so boring because the content was so under-tuned. Because of the way the damage tables are, along with augs and other crap, everything just felt like a loot piñata. There was virtually no danger of failure.

There's a lot of things I wish were different about P99, but it's always felt like EverQuest.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:43 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just get it over with and go play WOW already.
Never played wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the word "toxic" sure is in right now. it's so perfectly vague as to be used to describe anything anyone doesn't like

here I'll try: pick zones are toxic and ruin the experience of playing original everquest
Its actually pretty specific and been around for years to describe that is in some way caustic, hostile- you know, the internet. That place people try to use examples they dont understand to say they dont like something.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizilfkm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never played wow

Its actually pretty specific and been around for years to describe that is in some way caustic, hostile- you know, the internet. That place people try to use examples they dont understand to say they dont like something.
Yes and I find pick zones to be caustic and hostile to the classic experience. I think we actually agree!
Old 07-23-2020, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

not gonna sugar coat it. the zone time issue was really terrible and I'm not confident that it won't be back every xpac release that comes. seems whenever aradune gets over a threshold of players, it just breaks.

other than that, it's functionally not different from the last 4 tlp's.

but we playing it w some old frens from p99/r99. having fun, consider the qeynos militia if u join. doin it for brad

it ain't perfect tho, and yeah it's not classic eq. comparing it to green is a little dishonest - totally different goals. why not play both
Old 07-24-2020, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizilfkm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never played wow
What are you waiting for? Easy Quest is just around the corner.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
- Dual boxing. Zero issue. Im not even sure wtf people were complaining about. From 1 to 50 I went to all the high end camps solo and in groups- you just don't have a problem because you can use pick zone and go do what you want to do without any nonsense. DE mask? Go camp it. Want a quest item? Go camp it
Dual boxing is a little different when you can create an infinite amount of free accounts and there’s no monthly subscription fee. This is why no one complains about boxing on WoW. If someone wants to pay $100 a month to run around with a mage army then power to them.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The EQ live Aradune TLP is just a more enjoyable playing experience versus Green and the p99 community in general now.

Anyway discuss/
Well, you do describe a bunch of features which you like, so it's "better" and "more enjoyable" to you. You want a DE mask, go camp it, you say. You like convenience with the nostalgia. It's not a sin.

But I think in your newfound exuberance you forget something. The vast majority of people here are not here to play Everquest. If we were then we would be giving Daybreak money along with you.

The people here, we're here to play Project 1999. P99 isn't Everquest in spite of the logos and the graphics telling you so. Everquest moved on long ago and it is what it is. And whatever it is it's something we don't want. We're not ignorant. Many of have played TLP and the rest are pretty informed what's going on. The things you describe are simply not appealing to the vast majority here.

You're talking to people who considered that they would have a small window of time combined with a giant boatload of political passive-aggressive bootlicking and poopsocking and some really lucky loot rolls in order to maybe get a badly rendered stick they can wave around in the EC tunnel and they were like "I'm so down with this RIGHT NOW!".

Don't rage-delete your P99 chars is all I'm sayin.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

TOO LATE IM RAGIN
Old 07-25-2020, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread