Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 11:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Now that the Green server is up...?

...would it be possible to take the Blue server to Shadows of Luclin? I have a couple of friends whose first experience with EQ was Luclin, and they are most familiar with Luclin Maps.
I just figured since we have a true EQClassic Green server up and running, we might as well add the last decent Expansion (to the Blue server) just before it all went downhill?
Interested in opinions, thoughts etc?
Old 07-29-2020, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Maps was loy expansion I'm pretty sure. But I'm fine with adding the ability points from Lucan, just /veto the moon and cats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-29-2020, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Every couple of months, someone asks about Luclin on P99, and the answer is always no. Basically the staff here don't want to.

Blue Beyond: The Scars of Velious

Could Green go to Luclin?
Last edited by Videri; 07-29-2020 at 11:38 AM..
Old 07-29-2020, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

LoY was amazing! The best part of Everquest!

I was playing a shaman in his 40s. I did the stoicism quest with my crew and we did a crawl to get a soulsipper (seemed hugely op to me)!

There were also mounts that didn’t obscure your 1st person view and an option to customise your characters paint job. Cartography!

Oh and illusion potions!

Yes, zombie pirate cove was fun times for me.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Blue's not even finished yet, there are still missing era-appropriate features.

Also, Luclin as it existed was and remains garbage. If you wanted to build a custom expansion with the notion of fixing Luclin there might be some good there.

Danth
Old 07-29-2020, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

One more thing: if you like Luclin, there is The Al'Kabor Project. I'm sure you can find it if you search.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue's not even finished yet, there are still missing era-appropriate features.

Also, Luclin as it existed was and remains garbage. If you wanted to build a custom expansion with the notion of fixing Luclin there might be some good there.

Danth
<insert Lebowski "that's just like, your opinion man" meme here>

I've always loved luclin. Then and now and plenty feel the same way. Sadly as has already been stated it seems staff don't want it even though a majority of players probably do. It's only a very (VERY) vocal minority of people on the forums here that push back against luclin but I'd be very interested to know how many of those people even still actively play p99.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<insert Lebowski "that's just like, your opinion man" meme here>

I've always loved luclin. Then and now and plenty feel the same way. Sadly as has already been stated it seems staff don't want it even though a majority of players probably do. It's only a very (VERY) vocal minority of people on the forums here that push back against luclin but I'd be very interested to know how many of those people even still actively play p99.
I mean, it won't matter if 100% of the player base thought Luclin was the best expansion out there... this is the Devs playground and they didn't/don't like it, so it isn't going to happen.

That said, it's far more likely that those people that really enjoy Luclin move on rather than stay here (making up a majority) and just keep quiet about it.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

I just want weapon affinity and to see what max hp would be with nd3 + pe! Mwahahaha...all the crit would be fun to.. bring ability points to p99 so people can have fun on their main instead of alt army boredom! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-29-2020, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want weapon affinity and to see what max hp would be with nd3 + pe! Mwahahaha...all the crit would be fun to.. bring ability points to p99 so people can have fun on their main instead of alt army boredom! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weapon affinity isnt till GoD.
Closed Thread