Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 02-07-2023, 04:37 PM
Banned

Default If you were to make a 'unpopular' zone leveling route list to 60, what would it be?

I'd probably do:

[Toxxulia Forest] to 5.

[Erud's Crossing] to 10.

[Qeynos Aqueducts] to 15.

[Najena] to 20.

[Permafrost] to 25.

[Cazic Thule] to 30.

[Surefall Glade] to 40.

[Splitpaw Lair] to 45.

[Kithicor Forest] (at night) to 50.

[Dagnor's Cauldron] to 54.

I dunno...[Burning Wood] to 60? I'm bored now
Old 02-07-2023, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting idea. I'll make a challenging one:

Kithicor Forest 1-20 (can only play during daylight).
Runnyeye 20-35
Kithicor Forest 35-50 (can only play during nighttime).
Western Wastes 50-60
Old 02-07-2023, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

tofs
Old 02-07-2023, 05:02 PM
Banned

I was tempted to add that
Old 02-07-2023, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think ToFS is that unpopular though. It's a more common zone for people in that level range who want to have an undead zone to play in (clerics/paladins/necros).
Old 02-07-2023, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think ToFS is that unpopular though. It's a more common zone for people in that level range who want to have an undead zone to play in (clerics/paladins/necros).
its a great zone if you want to travel for like 45 minuets to find out there is 1 other person in the zone, and therefore you cannot exp in it with your group.
Old 02-08-2023, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its a great zone if you want to travel for like 45 minuets to find out there is 1 other person in the zone, and therefore you cannot exp in it with your group.
As long as you can get through the 2nd floor asap, you're fine. That 2nd floor, at that level range without twinking is pretty tough with all then enchanters stuffed together.
Old 03-07-2023, 10:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lolz... Iceclad portal Ring is a 2 min run from TOFS. Biggest reason TOFS doesn't have 25 people in it regularly is the Keys issue. People are generally lazy on p99 when it comes to things like this, furthermore, even if you do have keys and you die, the keys are not soulbound, thus making it even more challenging. The Zem and level range from which you can begin and end in the zone however cannot be beat (Level 24 can land spells on 1f for the most part, 28 will have 0 issues if a solo class) - and can stay there until 56 (Bats/vamps on 6b and 7)

There are zones that are easy and mundane, and there are zones that challenge your ability. TOFS definately is the latter, and if you enjoy the risk to get the better exp reward, its damn worth it.

Back to the OP question: ZEM plays a large part in my decisions on where to level toons, so I base alot of it off of that. HEre are my choices.
This assumes you arent a naked brand new player though and have adequate gear.

Paineel: 1-5 (Because its close to warrens)
Warrens: 5-24 (To 20 if you dont do the batling area and just stick to the Giant Bats past KIng room 6 min 40 sec repops - the ZEM here is godly)
Cazic Thule: 20-34 (Courtyard area to 24 then Gator Alley to 34 - 20 min repops - the ZEM here is 128%)
Tower of Frozen Shadow: 34-53 - 20 min repops - 122% ZEM
(34-36 1st floor)
(36-38 2nd floor)
(38-42 3rd floor)
(42-44 4th floor)
(44-46 5th floor)
(46-53 on Floor 6a - can go to 56 on 6b on bats/vamps though 1 hr repop.... perfect for semi afk work play)

53+ SolusekB, Velks, Hole, Kedge Keep and Permafrost Pits are your best ZEM 53+

There are a myriad of alternative zones as well, like Karnors Castle for example, but its ridden with a number of sh@tshow groups and the exp isnt all that grandiose. It is however the most populated group zone 49+.
Last edited by Zippit; 03-07-2023 at 10:23 PM..
Old 03-08-2023, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

Kedge is underrated, esp at #7 on the map, pulling from #8-11. DMF alleviates a lot of the issues; bring a necromancer along or have EB and Lev spells/items evenly distributed. Mermaids make for great pets and IIRC most of the other mobs are considered animals for druid charm.
Old 02-11-2023, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]