Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 AM
Kobold

Default Shared group xp penalties

In a group a druid told us that, months ago, P99 removed the hybrid xp penalty shared among the group and replaced it with a 5 level difference penalty. If a person is 5 levels below a higher level in the group, then the exp is cut and goes to the higher level or something...

Is this true? I've searched but couldn't find anything. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:51 AM
Sarnak

I've heard this rumor before, and evidence could not be produced by that person.

His main is probably a ranger. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-29-2011, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

It's shared. The 5 level exp is a misunderstanding. I believe that exp earned is based off the amount of exp you have, so higher level players get a larger share of exp.
Grouping with an equal level iksar SK is better than a mage 5 levels higher than you (in terms of how much exp per kill you get).
Old 06-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

The XP penalty is still in game. People who have these penalties get a larger share of the XP pie when it's calculated. Also, XP is handed out proportionally to your total amount of XP your character has (at least, this is how it was explained a few months back in a very well-written post). This way, higher level players get more of the XP allocation. Also, this is how the racial / class penalties grab up more XP.. They had to gain more XP to level i.e. a lvl 30 Troll SK has a lot more accumulated XP than a lvl 30 halfling rogue. So yes it true that in some cases, a higher level player takes less XP from the pool than a player who is same level as you but with huge racial / class penalties.
-----------------------
Old 06-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

I have a related question. I've heard that EXP is calculated based on the highest level player, i.e. if a monster is light blue to the highest level (and hence only gives 1/2 or however much of its normal EXP) then everyone in the group gets less EXP for it, not just the person it's light blue to. Is this accurate?
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerok88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a group a druid told us that, months ago, P99 removed the hybrid xp penalty shared among the group and replaced it with a 5 level difference penalty. If a person is 5 levels below a higher level in the group, then the exp is cut and goes to the higher level or something...

The 5-level thing is a misunderstanding of the restriction that you won't gain xp in a group with a person that's above 1.5 * your level OR 5 levels higher than you, whichever is EDIT:larger.
Last edited by Dr4z3r; 06-29-2011 at 12:54 PM..
Old 06-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 5-level thing is a misunderstanding of the restriction that you won't gain xp in a group with a person that's above 1.5 * your level OR 5 levels higher than you, whichever is smaller.
Whichever is larger not smaller. Ex. A lvl 30 can get exp with a lvl 45 in group (30 * 1.5 = 45).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

A good read, see if your brain can survive the number crunching :P

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Game_Mechanics
Old 06-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good read, see if your brain can survive the number crunching :P

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Game_Mechanics
Great read, thank you for pointing it out. I think an important part of that collection of information was stated at the very end...

Quote:
So, final thought...
Group with good players. An equal level group with multiple hybrids generally takes no more than 16% more kills to gain a level that a similarly leveled group that has no hydrids. Good groups kill at least 16% faster than bad groups. So, group with good players regardless of class.
-----------------------
Last edited by Striiker; 06-29-2011 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerok88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if it was a druid in befallen it was me here what i was refering to http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24405
Closed Thread