Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-09-2022, 07:48 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks. I am probably just going to stick to Green. I just hit level 10 and have been given some nice items to start with.
Old 06-09-2022, 11:40 AM
Aviak

Another person already said this but it's true, groups at lower levels are still hit or miss on Green. Granted you will have a better chance at a group on Green. You're still just as likely to see a twink soloing, or go with days of not finding a group.

I missed the Green launch due to health, and only just got back to P99. I tried to level a rogue on Green, but after 4 days of no groups. And hitting the leveling wall for solo on a no geared rogue I just went to Blue.
Old 06-11-2022, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveslug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another person already said this but it's true, groups at lower levels are still hit or miss on Green. Granted you will have a better chance at a group on Green. You're still just as likely to see a twink soloing, or go with days of not finding a group.

I missed the Green launch due to health, and only just got back to P99. I tried to level a rogue on Green, but after 4 days of no groups. And hitting the leveling wall for solo on a no geared rogue I just went to Blue.
Is the solo rogue experience on blue any better?
Old 06-11-2022, 07:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the solo rogue experience on blue any better?
Gear would be cheaper, lower level camps may be more open. Other then that I don't think so
Old 06-11-2022, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

For any melee type starting fresh, dramatically cheaper equipment on Blue would easily outweigh Green's modest population advantage. Blue also has a more stable future outlook--as of today, nobody knows what Green's status will be 6-8 months from now. Will it merge into Blue? Will it remain as is? Will Green 2.0 open and leave a separate Green1 to wither on the vine? We don't know, so it's a bit of a dice roll, and not an inconsequential one in a hobby that demands as much of a time investment as EQ does.

Danth
Old 06-11-2022, 02:35 PM
Banned

red99 easily hands down go enjoy the wild wild west
Old 06-11-2022, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

blue is considered a beta server and it will be a recycling server (merge) for green as soon a new one will pop up.

so green wont go away but will just merge into blue.

and yes, they are still discussing if they are realy going to do the merge but since the p99 community isnt that large id bet all my plat that the merge will happen anyways.
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Last edited by Zoolander; 06-11-2022 at 09:49 PM..
Old 06-12-2022, 01:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
red99 easily hands down go enjoy the wild wild west
Nobody plays red hope this helps
Old 06-13-2022, 12:46 PM
Kobold

probably blue.

wait till green starts fresh, fresh is more fun since people actually level and such. right now both servers are dead in leveling spots. it would be cool if there was a pure classic server, otherwise classic empties out pretty quick once kunark is available
Old 06-16-2022, 04:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good day. I just started on Green and I am only level 8. I have been given a few very nice items by some very friendly people however, I read that the green server is end of life. Should I have chosen the Blue to start fresh? I played EQ1 from Beta until about 2004 and really want to play P99 but do not want to attempt to progress on a server that will be going away soon.

Thanks
Personally, I would start on Green. All of my low level characters are on green.

I have some characters on Blue, but they have all completed TunnelQuest and just need to grind levels from here on out.

The problem with starting new on blue, nothing low end or newbish is ever for sale any more on it. Unless you have a higher level toon to acquire the gear for you, you will get nothing. No banded, no mid tier weapons/armor. Only high end stuff. Green still has plenty of mid tier for sale.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk