Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reference to Relapse. Red's poster child.
oh ok, so that wasn't what you'd call a childish post then?

The point here, is that people slate red for being toxic, childish or whatever... while doing exactly the same thing themselves while they're queueing for pixels, trying to get a prime spot under T1 and racing to kill Lord Shin Ree before anyone else responds to the S.O.S...

Consider red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Kobold

In response to Krosan: I like to camp my own stuff, and I dont think I should HAVE to pay someone for a drop I can easily solo when the zone isn't monopolized by the aoe group.

In response to -TK-: I talked with the a few groups each for a good while. No one offered me a free pipe. A few people offered me the pipe for 4k to 7k. I told them I'd rather camp it myself and would be happy to camp in a place they didnt pull. They basically stated that they don't know where all the mobs path so they cant guarantee I won't be trained.
Last edited by Tooty; 08-19-2014 at 02:17 PM..
Old 08-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Certainly a lot of jaded players on blue, who then come on the forums and say how bad red is just from looking at a couple of posts about it.
I've played red. OOC definitely gets toxic, it really is just people fucking around but it can turn people off from it along with variance/wipeitclean thread #591821. Without those you'd get a lot more people over there probably because the rest of the community is pretty nice. Even the top jew that everyone loves to hate offered me a ton of help via items and PvP advice when I rolled over there. I quit when the xp bonus originally got yanked with no word on what was going on/if it would be back and the pop plummeted.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They basically stated that they don't know where all the mobs path so they cant guarantee I won't be trained.
I'd then go down there with the puller and work something out.

If nothing else I'd definitely make sure I was a thorn in their side until a pipe was given to me or until they respected my right to go down there.

That's good lawyering from them though, they can say they warned you etc so as not to be banned if you die...despite server rules to the contrary.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In response to Krosan: I like to camp my own stuff, and I dont think I should HAVE to pay someone for a drop I can easily solo when the zone isn't monopolized by the aoe group.

In response to -TK-: I talked with the a few groups each for a good while. No one offered me a free pipe. A few people offered me the pipe for 4k to 7k. I told them I'd rather camp it myself and would be happy to camp in a place they didnt pull. They basically stated that they don't know where all the mobs path so they cant guarantee I won't be trained.
Run fraps and when they train you, they will, petition them. Not knowing how mobs are going to path is a bullshit excuse for training someone when really they should leave that whole area alone as to not train you but you know platinum and levels and fuck everyone else right

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 08-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulnavara [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played red. OOC definitely gets toxic, it really is just people fucking around but it can turn people off from it along with variance/wipeitclean thread #591821. Without those you'd get a lot more people over there probably because the rest of the community is pretty nice. Even the top jew that everyone loves to hate offered me a ton of help via items and PvP advice when I rolled over there. I quit when the xp bonus originally got yanked with no word on what was going on/if it would be back and the pop plummeted.
Yeah there was, I'd argue some bad management over the XP rate/bonus originally. When it got accidentally put back in (which isn't as high as it is now), HB said he saw at least 30-35 people he hadn't seen in Red Dawn for ages.

Then they took it out again, down went the population and the bubble burst. Been trying to rebuild ever since, just need to find ways to keep red the "player's choice" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's good lawyering from them though, they can say they warned you etc so as not to be banned if you die...despite server rules to the contrary.
Thats BS swish. "Were going to be pulling the entire zone all over the place so its your fault if we train you"

They shouldnt be pulling/going near that guy if theres a possibility of a train and if they do train they should be punished like anyone else who trains. Worse really since its basically intentional

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 08-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats BS swish. "Were going to be pulling the entire zone all over the place so its your fault if we train you"

They shouldnt be pulling/going near that guy if theres a possibility of a train and if they do train they should be punished like anyone else who trains. Worse really since its basically intentional
I totally agree, but its instilling doubt/confidence in the interloper's mind... subtley encouraging him not to interfere.

I'd shut down Chardok AOE tomorrow, used to be a good zone to group in.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you are trying to solo camp the betrayer?

Take a small group and go up through the levi tunnel and camp in the cubby on the left side. Pull the roamers from up and down that hall. Tell the AE group they can choose to go camp that hallway themselves or to adjust their pull so as not to train you. Or you could work out a deal for them to give you the next pipe that spawns and they get to keep pulling the levi tunnel, if you negotiate well.
^--- This. There is a room safe from the AOE pulls and you can get the pathers dead before they pull their wave. Root them all or mezz them in your cubby and just start collecting them. They pull and you kill. You have 20 minutes to down them all and then the rotation starts again. No one is bothered if you do this, but you need a group.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Kobold

I've petitioned in game a few times, and no one has responded ever. I'm getting the video/log evidence now, but I'm beginning to think the GM's are some of the folks doing the chardok AoE group and don't want it to be illegal.
Closed Thread