Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 11:29 PM
Large Rat

Default Bard Swarming

Is it really allowed on this server? I challenge it... Seriously should one player be able to pull 30+ mobs away from 3 groups camping spots just for the sake of greedy levelling? Here's what i'm getting at...

1) PNP, Play Nice Policy... Let's look that up for a minute...

Play- the conduct, course, or action of a game
Nice - kind, polite, and friendly
Policy - prudence or wisdom in the management of affairs
-----------------

2) By allowing this to continue, it's a complete admission to ALL bards EVERYWHERE, be it in an empty zone or populated zone, that it is OK, without any REPERCUSSION that they are allowed to pull from all camps anywhere regardless of others already there. (it's just not jiving with the PNP policy)

3) I'm not saying that bard swarming should be restricted completely... but definatly in populated zones... I mean, seriously, arent there enough UNPOPULATED zones that they can utilize to do this in? they are already the fastest runners in the game can can kite almost anywhere, do they need to hog and tie up 20x more people for their own personal gain in POPULATED zones to kill faster than a whole group as it is?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
That's about it... if something is done about this, great, i applaud all the devs and rulemakers for the game, if not... then i dedicate this thread to
name all bards in any zone who is swarming against the public's wishes... I guess I'll start the list...

Player - Zone
Laynes - LOIO
Ademi - LOIO
Last edited by kushy04; 08-19-2014 at 11:53 PM..
Old 08-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

It's unfortunate you see it so black and white. Plenty of bards ask where groups are before pulling, and avoid areas where groups are so as to not disturb them. If a bunch of mobs are up and nobody is killing them, more power to the bard that cleans up that mess. My father died to a cactus and I applaud bards everywhere that put down the cactus infestation of OT.

Also, I suspect this is not the correct forum for this thread.
Last edited by Orruar; 08-20-2014 at 12:06 AM..
Old 08-20-2014, 12:06 AM
Large Rat

I'm not referring to those bards that kill cacti... I'm not saying that 100% of bards are asshole... but rather, 100% of assholes play bards... there's a fine line there you're failing to understand... There should be rules there against those assholes...
Old 08-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Large Rat

NOTE TO THE DEVS:

I'm asking for a technical answer! My question to you is this:

Is bard swarming allowed? if so, to what extent? if its allowed completely, I'll STFU... If it's not, please tell us the limits.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:50 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

This is actually in the wrong forum, so I'm moving it to Server Chat.

In any case, a simple forum search should have turned up the answers to your questions, as I've addressed them many times. I even posted something closely related about Chardok AE groups earlier today.

Bard swarming/AoE kiting/Whatever is allowed so long as it doesn't violate this rule of the PnP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project 1999 Play Nice Policy (Server Rules)
8. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.
If you want to get really technical, particularly in dungeons, if another group/player wants to contest something a bard is killing, that bard has to pick one camp and stick to just that camp. In larger zones where "camps" are more loosely defined, if you feel a bard is taking up too much of the zone, not sharing, and not communicating with others, you should absolutely /petition. Normally we will ask the player in question to be more selective about what they are pulling and making sure that all the groups in the zone have enough mobs to pull.If it continues to be an issue that player will be remove from the zone.

It's much more important to us that new or returning players get to experience the content they had fun with 14 years ago, rather than a bard making his 4th alt trying to power level himself or others by AoE kiting everything in the zone. It's not something that's against the rules, however, so long as the bard(s) are being responsible with what they are pulling, and leaving plenty of mobs up for everyone.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Large Rat

Derubael... ssrsly.. i love you in the most heterosexual way possible... <3!!!! TYVM for the reply
Old 08-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Sarnak

Try talking to the bard. I would always avoid groups when asked or invite them to leach off the kite.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try talking to the bard. I would always avoid groups when asked or invite them to leach off the kite.
Yea I'll always avoid groups... I may invite to leach if they can PBAE and speed it up, so that I don't have to kite for 10 min.

But really, I've said it 100 times. In OT, *most* bards ignore tigers and rhinos due to their Runspeed. That's a large number of mobs left alone for others to kill.
Last edited by Daldaen; 08-20-2014 at 08:33 AM..
Old 08-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Bards are not taking your mobs.
Bards are delivering them to you fast.

Next time you see a bard, give him hug.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Fire Giant

Just talk to the bard. Most bards I have met would rather be in a group. But when they don't get a group they swarm because its great exp for a class that has a hybrid penalty. If its a PLer just ask them nicely to leave your area alone.
Closed Thread