Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 08:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm surprised so many people seem a bit down on green, I can't wait to start over. I never got to experience launch on Live, or here on P99, so I'm excited to embrace the chaos. Plus, it'll be cool to see a lot of loot have meaning again. A lot of zones and a lot of drops just get ignored on blue.
I would be a bit more excited if I had more time to play EQ again - it's just that the concentrated level of neckbeards on p99 mean that Green will just be Blue2.0 within a month in terms endgame.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:10 AM
Kobold

That makes sense from that perspective. For me, I'm just here to hang my hat until Pantheon launches. Green will be an awesome way to relive my actual nostalgia before everyone had fungi tunics and haste items at level 1.

If I got to participate in a naggy or vox kill in-era, that would be amazing. But my goal is just to experience the game in a similar way to how I experienced it way back when, and hopefully make some friends to move over to Pantheon with on the way.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be a bit more excited if I had more time to play EQ again - it's just that the concentrated level of neckbeards on p99 mean that Green will just be Blue2.0 within a month in terms endgame.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:31 AM
Kobold

there wont be 5 fungi's and 15 haste items per account on green in 1 month, sorry but no, green > blue
Old 04-28-2019, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

I guess it depends on what you enjoy in playing these types of games. I have a friend who is gear-centric and that is his motivation. On the other hand I enjoy the leveling experience and enjoy the struggle to acquire things. For me it is the getting not the having I suppose. I will destroy loot in games to start over or delete high level toons, which just horifies him lol.

I'm really excited to play on a server where rusty weapons and leather will the the norm at first and to be in a group where bad pulls can mean wipes because every one isn't wearing level 50 gear or we have an out of the group toon giving us high level buffs.

To each their own, we all have our own outlooks formed by our personalities. I'm sure a happy balance will be struck between blue and green.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there wont be 5 fungi's and 15 haste items per account on green in 1 month, sorry but no, green > blue
Fake news... I was in crushbone this past week and of the 3 groups I joined, there wasn’t one person twinked with more than a venomous axe and some crusty armor. This idea that everyone has infinite plat on blue is a lie.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fake news... I was in crushbone this past week and of the 3 groups I joined, there wasn’t one person twinked with more than a venomous axe and some crusty armor. This idea that everyone has infinite plat on blue is a lie.
Not trying to be mean, but the only people grouping in Crushbone are the people that aren't already twinked. You're not going to see many of the super plats running around in there because it's not worth their time. They're all busy bone chipping and bandit sashing their way into the teens, where they'll then move to Kurn's until 20ish, go wherever it is they got after that, before re-emerging into the populace in Lower Guk, Highkeep, or beyond.

That's why I think Green is going to be so much fun. The first "twink" we see is going to be in full banded, swinging a Screaming Mace and a Dragoon Dirk.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Polished granite tomahawk / dragoon dirk or any of the blackened alloy from runnyeye and a full set of banded will be the business!
Old 04-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Anyone who thinks green is going to be an opportunity to level the playing field has no idea what they are talking about.

You know what leveled the playing field for EQ more than anything has ever before? TIME. Being in vanilla, kunark and velious for multiple years (i.e. P99 Blue) gave folks of all play levels the chance to catch up. Don't have lots of time to play? Don't have lots of time to raid? Need to take six years to get a char to lvl 60? Not a problem on Blue...you can still make it till the end game of your choice at your own pace.

Green won't be like that. There will be much more anxiety as folks scramble to win races knowing that the next expansion is coming. Green will be as bad and WORSE in terms of competition than blue ever was.

Add into that the amount of people that will be here now. When blue was in mid-vanilla there were only a few hundred of us on at peak time. We needed to have a global chat channel because the population was too low to support the game. AND, even with that low population, competition for some camps was fierce. Get ready boys. This isn't even footing, the hardcores are already planning their schedules to be on 24/7 in October. And there are many of them.

Now, don't get me wrong...I'm excited for Green. The reason, however, is that I actually love playing EQ. Playng fresh is more fun than playing on old server. Making new friends...joining new guilds...its going to be fun in a way that Blue just isn't for me anymore...but don't think its going to be "even footing"...the EQ pain gonna be real on green for folks who don't know how to deal with it.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

They really should take advantage of the massive pent-up demand for a new server by launching with some sort of PvP ruleset. Teams would be amazing, or even if they just had some sort of level 50+ PvP enabled to allow guilds to dispute raid issues through direct combat (the fact that so many people describe the current raid scene as "competition" is hilarious to me, it would be like people describing the idiotic behavior of camping out overnight on the street outside of stores before Black Friday as "competitive shopping").

A lot of people are hesitant to try PvP but would grudgingly do so if it meant they got to start on a fresh server. And they would find it's not so bad, and actually adds a huge amount of additional flavor to EQ, in addition to naturally alleviating a lot of the bullsh*t that occurs with a bottleneck of high-end content.
Closed Thread