Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 05:06 AM
Sarnak

Will probably play both to some extent.

Agree that the competition stuff is kind of stupid, and have never competed on Blue.

But I also think Green won't just be about a competition for guises and manastones, everything will be contested. Things that people don't give a rat's ass about on Blue anymore, where essentially the only competitive stuff is at the very top end.

The idea of running around with a bunch of fellow newbies ekeing out an untwinked existence singing kum-bay-yah is alluring, but it's unrealistic. People are gonna screw other people over on things that Blue players stopped caring about 8 years ago. People are going to monopolise the good xp camps.

It's fine to hype, and I see some people being called downers, but Green won't be all sunshine and unicorns. If you accept that and still have fun, cool. But it's ridiculous to be all like "you guys are just bitter naysayers!! Green will be everything!". It's just the truth. Gotta be prepared for that.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will probably play both to some extent.

Agree that the competition stuff is kind of stupid, and have never competed on Blue.

But I also think Green won't just be about a competition for guises and manastones, everything will be contested. Things that people don't give a rat's ass about on Blue anymore, where essentially the only competitive stuff is at the very top end.

The idea of running around with a bunch of fellow newbies ekeing out an untwinked existence singing kum-bay-yah is alluring, but it's unrealistic. People are gonna screw other people over on things that Blue players stopped caring about 8 years ago. People are going to monopolise the good xp camps.

It's fine to hype, and I see some people being called downers, but Green won't be all sunshine and unicorns. If you accept that and still have fun, cool. But it's ridiculous to be all like "you guys are just bitter naysayers!! Green will be everything!". It's just the truth. Gotta be prepared for that.
This post makes me excited for a vanilla PVP server. Maybe teams. Just a bunch of lowbies fighting over orcs or dervs. That's fun!

A group of 55s breaking into hate looking to loot trash armour getting ganked by multiple 60s in velious BiS: not fun.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Kobold

p99 blue forever
Old 05-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

o wow fresh server