Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 08:05 PM
Kobold

Default What is a green server?

No one wants to tell me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2019, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

They are opening another server that I believe will run the true classic time line with proper spacing between patches ect ect. Don't think there will be 5 years of Kunark this time
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-30-2019, 08:15 PM
Banned

is green meant to be wiped once we reach the point in time corresponding to the luclin launch date?
Old 04-30-2019, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is green meant to be wiped once we reach the point in time corresponding to the luclin launch date?
Possibly, or possibly the characters on it will somehow be migrated over to Blue at the end. No one but the staff knows for sure.

Also, no one knows for certain that the server will end with the "launch" of Luclin. It's possible the devs will let it live for some time longer than that (because otherwise people will get to experience Velious for less than a year).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

I mean theres 8 char slots, how you gonna roll chars into a new server?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

It's the place where casual dreams go to die.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean theres 8 char slots, how you gonna roll chars into a new server?
Give them an entire new account? Clearly they won't merge two accounts together, but depending on how their databases are setup it could be trivially easy to move all of loramin's Green characters to a new loramin_blue1 account where they're all on Blue instead.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give them an entire new account? Clearly they won't merge two accounts together, but depending on how their databases are setup it could be trivially easy to move all of loramin's Green characters to a new loramin_blue1 account where they're all on Blue instead.
Even if it were that easy (it isnt) there would still be the problem of duplicate names.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

I hope the new PVP server is the Brown server
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-30-2019, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if it were that easy (it isnt) there would still be the problem of duplicate names.
True, but A) they could do the same thing with names (every character migrated over becomes character_blue1, which can then be renamed with a command they provide just like the existing /surname), or B) they could simply limit Green's names to prevent conflicts with any names already on Blue, avoiding the entire issue from the start.

Again, no one knows. This isn't a question of forum arguing over who's correct: no one but the staff knows how it will work until they announce it.

Closed Thread