Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which option would you prefer?
Option 1 6 9.84%
Option 2 15 24.59%
Neither, keep things the same 40 65.57%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Default Proposition to Improve Badain Sock

Can we agree that socking Badain, a 16 hour variance mob with no player agreement in place to prevent a FTE clickfest, is not enjoyable?

Can we come to some sort of player agreement to make it less miserable? Currently there are multiple other turn-in mobs like this that the playerbase has more or less universally agreed to /random on in order to make everyone's lives easier. Now, Badain has variance so it makes things slightly more complicated, but I'm confident that if people are willing, we can come up with something that works to alleviate the pain a bit. I propose one of two solutions:

Option 1:
Everyone poopsocks the spawn. When Badain spawns, everyone present will /random 1000 within 30 seconds. The winner has turn-in rights. Downside is everyone still needs to sit there and watch for the spawn, upside is it's a lot more fair than clickfest and allows a little less concentration than staring at your screen like a hawk.

Option 2:
Badain ToD is publicly available on the forums. At the exact start of his window (3 days - 8 hours or 64 hours after ToD), everyone present will /rand 1000 and the winner will have turn-in rights. Downside to this is an accurate timer must be publicly available, upside is only the winner has to poopsock and everyone else can go about their business.

With either option, a Badain that is up with no one present would be FFA. In the event of an earthquake, if option 2 was chosen and the winner was still present waiting to turn in, he does not lose his turn unless he opts to leave the camp.

Personally I would prefer Option 2 because it saves a lot of man hours for everyone involved, but I would accept Option 1 if the majority of posters prefer it. I am putting this up as a poll with 3 options, the third being to change nothing and leave things the way they are. At 12:01 AM EDT on May 15th, let's tally the results and consider that the winner.

Feel free to discuss in the comments.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Leave it the way it is.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 05-02-2019, 04:00 PM
Aviak

Could you please stop trying to turn EverQuest into a stupid dice roll?

Have some self respect. You can do this.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=242383

I remember rotating Ring Wars and not rolling or spam clicking to turn in.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Kobold

I vote against the proposal. Both proposals. All proposed changes. I VOTE NAY.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Rotate dummies
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:07 PM
Kobold

Friendly reminder that Server Chat is not RnF, and if you want to insult and berate me over trying to propose a player agreement, perhaps the best way to go about it would be to make a corresponding RnF thread. I have no illusions that everyone is going to love this idea, but I want this thread to be for actual discussion and not for dick measuring.

Thanks!
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

The difference with Badain is it requires a coordinated raid force of 40-60 people who can mobilise within 20-30 minutes.

It's not like the other rolls where you can solo or single group the content if you win.

That, plus it's not just for Ring 10. There's a bag full of items the encounter awards you. The other rolls are just for individual items.

Easiest no vote since Manasana applied to Aftermath.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference with Badain is it requires a coordinated raid force of 40-60 people who can mobilise within 20-30 minutes.

It's not like the other rolls where you can solo or single group the content if you win.

That, plus it's not just for Ring 10. There's a bag full of items the encounter awards you. The other rolls are just for individual items.

Any schmo with ring 9 is capable of winning the Badain clickfest without having a raid force capable of taking down the ring war.
Last edited by DiogenesThaDogg; 05-02-2019 at 04:37 PM..
Old 05-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Aviak

The problem with Option 1 is that it's not too different than the current system -- you're just arbitrarily replacing clicking with rolling. We're still all standing around.

The problem with Option 2 is that when you win the roll you have no idea if you'll have the force to kill Badain when he actually spawns unless you're in AM. Not sure AM loves the idea of starting a ring war at 4am, but it's reasonable to assume they could do so. I'm not that certain of any other guild or alliance.

There needs to be an option 3. Bring back the rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Back when you were in a casual leveling guild, ring wars were rotated. AM voted yes. I'm not sure if it was an easy vote, but it was a yes nonetheless. Why not now?
Closed Thread