Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which option would you prefer?
Option 1 6 9.84%
Option 2 15 24.59%
Neither, keep things the same 40 65.57%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easiest no vote since Manasana applied to Aftermath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You post with such condescension to the people in other guilds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where?
Old 05-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by planarity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
roll, rotation, anything is better than a clickfest.

Roll isn't a perfect solution, but some of these arguments against it ("have some self-respect [lol irony]", "this is multiple items, but others rolls are one item", etc.) are so bad that I couldn't have made them up if I wanted to.

Keep in mind the average forum user does not represent the playerbase as a whole. It's hard to combat the toxic, forum-obsessed crowd because they get in early and often to threads like this one.
Yeah I don't really know a better way to try to organize a player agreement than the forums since I was hoping this would reach the widest audience, but you're probably right that the forums tend to contain the most toxic individuals on the server so my odds were pretty low from the outset. There have been rolls for scout, ring 8, and both goblins, so maybe some day ring 10 will get some sort of similar treatment. One can hope, anyway.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Sarnak

Why would anyone agree to any type of dice roll ? No offense OP but that is worse than rotating the Ring War. Worst idea I have heard.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by planarity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind the average forum user does not represent the playerbase as a whole. It's hard to combat the toxic, forum-obsessed crowd because they get in early and often to threads like this one.
I think he's right, Heebs. I think having your leadership bring this up in the guild leader Discord might get farther than a poll here, really. This isn't a player issue as much as it is a guild/raid issue.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would anyone agree to any type of dice roll ? No offense OP but that is worse than rotating the Ring War. Worst idea I have heard.
Why would anyone agree to a dice roll on scout, shady goblin, angry goblin, or ring 8?
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would anyone agree to a dice roll on scout, shady goblin, angry goblin, or ring 8?
Because those aren't for BiS items and doesn't take a guild to do. You are asking raiding entities to leave their chance for a BiS item up to a random dice roll. An entity could lose that 20 times in a row thanks to RNG.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because those aren't for BiS items and doesn't take a guild to do. You are asking raiding entities to leave their chance for a BiS item up to a random dice roll.An entity could lose that 20 times in a row thanks to RNG.
You could lose it 20 times in a row to the clickfest, too. Unless you've got someone using autofire or something similar.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you please stop trying to turn EverQuest into a stupid dice roll?

Have some self respect. You can do this.
it's all dice rolls champ. cast a spell, roll a dice. click a tradeskill, roll them dice. turn on auto attack? lots & lots of dice rolls.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could lose it 20 times in a row to the clickfest, too. Unless you've got someone using autofire or something similar.
No not really. I've never seen one group win 20 hand ins a row. This idea is just a bad one sorry.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Because those aren't for BiS items and doesn't take a guild to do. You are asking raiding entities to leave their chance for a BiS item up to a random dice roll. An entity could lose that 20 times in a row thanks to RNG.
Also pardon the double post but angry and shady goblin lead to spirit wracked cord, which IS considered BiS, is it not?
Closed Thread