Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 01:26 AM
Sarnak

Default Green has ruined p99 for me

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of green and was looking forward to it. But right now Green has ruined the blue server which until yesterday I loved. Blues population has been cut in half if not more than half. I spent all night last night trying to get an unrest group to no avail. 7 hours of LFG. There was not enough people to group with and the ones there are training everyone else. I died 3 times with no rez and lost my level on my ranger. He was 23 and now back to 22.

EC tunnel on blue is deserted for the most part. I just sat at WC rings for 15 minutes by myself. No druids porting, no players massing to go hunt somewhere. It was strange to say the least.

As for green I knew I had to stay away on day one. That's why I was trying to get a group in unrest on blue. 2600+ people all fighting over bats and skeletons. I thought it would be better tonight cause peeps would have leveled beyond newbie zone yard trash. 300 people in Gfay and pulled two mobs in a 30 mminute span and both mobs were stolen/KSd by another player.

I can't get XP on one server cause it's over-populated and I can't get XP on the other server cause it's under-populated. So I have decided to dust off the old PS4 and give P99 a break. Not for good, just until I see either Blues population hit 800+ again during peak times or Greens get down to maybe 1500.

Not much of rant cause its nobody's fault. Shit happens and the population is what it is for the moment. I'll keep an eye on the server population to see how it's progressing and I hope to see it level out on one server or the other within a month.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 10-27-2019, 01:32 AM
Sarnak

Wtf then why can’t I find pained soul camp open on blue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2019, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

Real talk: it’ll calm down dude. It’s been one say, people are exciting about green. Let everyone have some fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2019, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wtf then why can’t I find pained soul camp open on blue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the other thing. Cash camps are still being well camped. AC camp in OOT is still farmed heavy although I dunno why if no ones is in EC to buy the MQ , LOL.

And I guarantee those poepple still locking down blue cash camps are playing green at the same time on another window.

Fun times, lol.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real talk: it’ll calm down dude. It’s been one say, people are exciting about green. Let everyone have some fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think so too. I am hopeful that green will be more playable within a months time. 2600 people were on Green last night and thats more that double what blue normally had at peak time on Friday night. I'd say 1500 people who were not playing P99 a week ago came back for green launch. Some will burn out and others will make record time getting to 50.

I work night's mon-thurs so I get home at 5 am. That might be a nice off peak time to log into green and solo with a Druid I created there. So maybe I will only be semi-retired for now.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
300 people in Gfay and pulled two mobs in a 30 mminute span and both mobs were stolen/KSd by another player.
I don't really understand this complaint. I've been able to camp single spawn without issue in Nektulos and we had 230 at peak. I see a ton of reddit-type people running around like the spawns are magically materializing but given your 60s, you should know how the game works; find a spawn point and camp it. The spawns aren't even slow. If you aren't a soloer, over every rise lies another full group with unlooted kills littering their campsite. I see folks advertising for more non-stop.

Are you even trying to play?
Old 10-27-2019, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

I found a group in less than 10 minutes on Red tonight with less than 20 people on the server, not sure how you couldn't find a group on a server with 400 people on it in 7 hours?

Were you weren't actually trying?
Old 10-27-2019, 02:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found a group in less than 10 minutes on Red tonight with less than 20 people on the server, not sure how you couldn't find a group on a server with 400 people on it in 7 hours?

Were you weren't actually trying?
I have a LFG hot key (/ooc 23 Ranger LFG). I would send that ooc once every 5-10 minutes. Now I should clarify that I was not sitting in unrest for 7 hours straight. I would sit there for 30-45 minutes doing my lfg hotkey and then someone in guild needed a port or rez from my lvl 60's. But I would always go back and try again after that was done.

It was just a bad night in unrest. 400 people does not mean 400 people actively grouping. Some were just soloing or holding down cash camps. A few were in EC tunnel although I am shocked how long you can be in EC now before even seeing an auction. I tried again tonight to get an unrest group but no one answered my /ooc and I got trained again, LOL.

It is what it is.
Old 10-27-2019, 02:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were you weren't
I must be drunk, but it doesn't change the fact I quickly found a group to grind exp for several hours with.
Old 10-27-2019, 02:10 AM
Banned

Thanks for reminding us that you can’t please everyone. Crazy that thousands of people can find something to do, but you can’t, am I right?
Closed Thread