Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

Since 2010 I have not killed a single hhk noble.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:09 AM
Planar Protector

So megatardess found the nobles camped by someone else and this is the result?
Old 04-01-2021, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like some people really do have to RMT. Not even going to name-drop at this point because I really don't care, but when I see the same people fighting over the same high-value items for literally years on end.. it's like where is the money going? Literally. Because I know at least one of the people who I personally witnessed sell several hundred thousand pp worth of the same item... never had that kind of money on-hand, nor do they have a bunch of alts that are twinked.

But like, how can you get away with RMT on a community that is so small?
I don't know, man.

I think some people spend more of their waking day 'in everquest' than outside.

If these people have the finances to otherwise keep their most basic needs met (food, drink, shelter), they may not really see any value in excess IRL finance - they barely live in IRL apart from to satisfy their basic survival needs and paying the bills to keep their computer connected to p1999.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know, man.

I think some people spend more of their waking day 'in everquest' than outside.

If these people have the finances to otherwise keep their most basic needs met (food, drink, shelter), they may not really see any value in excess IRL finance - they barely live in IRL apart from to satisfy their basic survival needs and paying the bills to keep their computer connected to p1999.
That's a solid point. But at the same time, I really do wonder where the money goes. I'm not going to name-drop, but one of the people I had clashes with here in the past has sold probably several million platinum worth of equipment on Green, and they are not charitable, nor do they have a pile of alts, yet I know that they don't have a lot of in-game cash on hand because they've had to bum shit off of me in the past to buy an item that they wanted. I just wonder where the money goes. I really do.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So megatardess found the nobles camped by someone else and this is the result?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since 2010 I have not killed a single hhk noble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a solid point. But at the same time, I really do wonder where the money goes. I'm not going to name-drop, but one of the people I had clashes with here in the past has sold probably several million platinum worth of equipment on Green, and they are not charitable, nor do they have a pile of alts, yet I know that they don't have a lot of in-game cash on hand because they've had to bum shit off of me in the past to buy an item that they wanted. I just wonder where the money goes. I really do.
Closed Thread