Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-31-2021, 07:23 PM
Orc

Default MSI afterburner not displaying

I'm trying to fix what feels like frame rate issues (see if its cpu or gpu etc)so i'm trying to get afterburner to work, but i cant get it to display, does anyone know how to get this working?

please and thanks!
Old 03-31-2021, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

Hello there,

Instead of troubleshooting afterburner, would be more helpful if you tell us what issues you're experiencing that led you to use afterburner.

It's also important to note that p99 intentionally limits its players to 60fps. There were reasons for it, i'm sure you can find them if you need to know the why.

Also, there is a setting to lower fps when EQ not the main window, this you can set in your ui.ini file or your eqgame.ini file. I forget, but there are some good guides to both of those files out there.

If afterburner is attempting to hook into the EQ client in order to work, that might get you in trouble or simply fail to work. I know people have jumped thru flaming hoops to get discord overlay working in some instances.

Lastly, you might just want to do the following and see if this fixes it for you;

1. download WinEQ, it's approved by staff and safe to use. I belive it can also give you FPS and system stats.
2. change your eqgame, or the shortcut to run in compatibility mode for SP3 and for it to always run as an admin. This fixes many many crash/freeze/lag issues for a lot of peeps.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:07 PM
Orc

i already enabled SP3, i have frame rate issues where about every 6 secs or so i get a frame drop. im just tyring to get stable frame rates, i've removed my log files trying to figure out what could be causing the drops. wanted to see what usage was in game, what the cause could be when i see those dropped frames. etc. i74770k i think w/ a 1070ti 16gb ram, on a ssd.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Are you sure the client is using your discrete card? What graphics card does it list in options (alt +o)?

-Mcoy
Old 04-01-2021, 09:53 PM
Orc

yup
Old 04-01-2021, 09:54 PM
Orc

i also did packet loss testing with another game, not an issue. i dont have issues in path of exile, or other games, i dont have any lag in other apps running say should i be out of eq, or during eq use either. it doesnt necesarilly happen in every zone. recently ive seen it happen in everfrost (not snowing) and at firepots, paineel, cab.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:35 PM
Aviak

yes , MSI afterburner is not working anymore... i have the same issue ... and the funny thing is i dont know why [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] perhaps some windowsupdate in the past did this.

now i use ReShade for FPS showing.

https://reshade.me/
Old 04-07-2021, 09:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by void221 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes , MSI afterburner is not working anymore... i have the same issue ... and the funny thing is i dont know why [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know why now :

if i activate windows compatibility mode sp3 for the eqgame.exe msi afterburner will not work correctly.