Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-05-2023, 01:45 AM
Kobold

It is three separate camps and anyone saying different is being greedy. When there's only 1 or 2 players there, great, take two or all three but in my experience it's always been handled really nicely when the third person arrives. I always ask very nicely if there's a spot free when I'm the third person arriving and I've never had a problem. If there's a fourth or more they ask each individually to be put on a list. I throw the odd buff like sow on other classes and tell people hey you can take the next couple spawns due to an urgent quick afk if they want to. It's been a nice experience there.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

FWIW seafuries were always the same protocol as ice giants and look what happened to seafuries because all the big brain VP farmers needed plat for recharges.

dont trust anyone on the subject except

Guide Menden
Old 01-05-2023, 09:16 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FWIW seafuries were always the same protocol as ice giants and look what happened to seafuries because all the big brain VP farmers needed plat for recharges.

dont trust anyone on the subject except

Guide Menden
Old 01-05-2023, 10:07 PM
Aviak

So does this mean that when claiming a dungeon camp, you are allowed to pick a single room to camp but not all of the surrounding rooms - even if they're conventionally considered to be a part of the camp? e.g. frenzy in lguk typically includes all of the frogs outside up to the invis floor -- but someone could come in and say they're camping those frogs and the person at frenzy would have to choose bloodthirsty room OR the outside room?
Old 01-07-2023, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So does this mean that when claiming a dungeon camp, you are allowed to pick a single room to camp but not all of the surrounding rooms - even if they're conventionally considered to be a part of the camp? e.g. frenzy in lguk typically includes all of the frogs outside up to the invis floor -- but someone could come in and say they're camping those frogs and the person at frenzy would have to choose bloodthirsty room OR the outside room?
No. The single spawn thing is for outdoor zones. Staff have stated dungeon camps work differently
Old 01-07-2023, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. The single spawn thing is for outdoor zones. Staff have stated dungeon camps work differently
While you are correct, the way they work differently is (basically) that instead of a single mob, you get a room. Technically it's not a room, it's "line of sight(LOS)/agro range" ... which in most cases will be a room.

This is why "the crypt" in Sebilis is technically considered five camps (the main room and the four sub-rooms) on Project 1999. It's incredibly unclassic, but the (all-volunteer) staff likes nice simple/consistent rules and doesn't want to make an exception for Crypt.

(Although they do make a few exceptions, eg. you don't have to have LOS to camp Sebilis King).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While you are correct, the way they work differently is (basically) that instead of a single mob, you get a room. Technically it's not a room, it's "line of sight(LOS)/agro range" ... which in most cases will be a room.

This is why "the crypt" in Sebilis is technically considered five camps (the main room and the four sub-rooms) on Project 1999. It's incredibly unclassic, but the (all-volunteer) staff likes nice simple/consistent rules and doesn't want to make an exception for Crypt.

(Although they do make a few exceptions, eg. you don't have to have LOS to camp Sebilis King).
What are you talking about I have never seen them once respond to a petition and say the crypt is separate camps. Anytime there’s been a dispute the original party gets the whole crypt
Old 01-08-2023, 01:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you talking about I have never seen them once respond to a petition and say the crypt is separate camps. Anytime there’s been a dispute the original party gets the whole crypt
5 different guides will give you 5 different rulings welcome to p1999
Old 01-08-2023, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Most people won’t petition to split crypt up into multiple camps because it’s barely tolerable as one entire camp. I think most of the sane people would prefer to leave than lawyerquest because it’s more efficient and there is a slim fear of setting a precident. That doesn’t mean it’s not possible. It’s technically four rooms…call dibs on a spawn inside a room is silly but an entire room is classic. It’s almost like four corners, a door, and a roof resemble a place one might “camp”.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loramin
Inside dungeons you can potentially camp a single "camp" (typically a single room) instead of just 1 spawn point, but again the focus is on forcing players to share the content as much as possible. This is why Crypt in Seb is commonly considered a single camp by players, but if pressed the staff will let individual players camp individual rooms in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Menden
Pretty accurate.
The original posts were longer, and you can read the full exchange here.

To be clear, Menden never actually says "yes Loramin is specifically correct about Crypt" (he just generally agrees with my post) ... but if you search the forum history you can absolutely find people complaining about Shaman soloing individual Crypt rooms.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.