Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 05-24-2022, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

A good balance fix would be to make it so cripple is a like short durration, very powerful melee debuff to make chanters more viable in groups after you take clarity away from them and give it to wizards.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:42 PM
Kobold

only useful in raids, very minor benefit, and only for debuff spread when all else is covered.

optional spell that will not make or break anything.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:59 AM
Fire Giant

-AC is effectively an extra attack buff for the raid.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
optional spell that will not make or break anything.
arguable on competitive raids
Old 06-30-2022, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

Cripple is very good for reducing enemy procs, particularly Flurry and Rampage.
Old 08-27-2022, 03:04 AM
Kobold

I'd assume there are certrain mobs that this works better on than others. I'm not 100% certrain on this, but I believe all Stats have certrain thresholds that above or below will have either a very large difference or a minimal change on the attack ability/defense etc. For example, Agility below 70 has a pretty huge affect on AC. Above that it's pretty minor and above 110 it's even less of a affect. As I understand, All stats have thresholds like this. The Issue with Cripple, is that by the Time you get the spell most of the Mobs you will be fighting have Base stats in the +200 range for all of them, based of the EQ Magelo Information, so -75 Str to a 255 Str Mob really won't see a huge difference in the incoming damage. I could be wrong and Maybe Magelo is not accurate to P99, but I think this is why Cripple doesn't seem to help much.
Old 08-28-2022, 06:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd assume there are certrain mobs that this works better on than others. I'm not 100% certrain on this, but I believe all Stats have certrain thresholds that above or below will have either a very large difference or a minimal change on the attack ability/defense etc. For example, Agility below 70 has a pretty huge affect on AC. Above that it's pretty minor and above 110 it's even less of a affect. As I understand, All stats have thresholds like this. The Issue with Cripple, is that by the Time you get the spell most of the Mobs you will be fighting have Base stats in the +200 range for all of them, based of the EQ Magelo Information, so -75 Str to a 255 Str Mob really won't see a huge difference in the incoming damage. I could be wrong and Maybe Magelo is not accurate to P99, but I think this is why Cripple doesn't seem to help much.
Sorry, I typed EQ Magelo, but what I meant was mqemulator.net . This website has mob stat information. I'm not sure how accurate it is or if it even applies to P99.
Old 08-29-2022, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

I cripple is fairly substantial in both decreasing the damage a raid does and decreasing the damage it puts out. Extra fancy and cutting down on flurries and rampage.

As to whether it’s worth using … that depends entirely on the content. For strong raid mobs where it can land it should always be used. For groups? Nah. It’s not worthless mind you, there are just better choices for your spell bar and even with names mobs they’re gonna die too quickly for it to matter. Possibly for very select content the shaman is trying to duo/solo.

Great spell when warranted but unnecessary for most content.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-29-2022, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Damn autocorrect. It increases its damage taken and decreases damage output.

I hate iPhones
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-29-2022, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Possibly for very select content the shaman is trying to duo/solo.
We used cripple on Guardian Wurms on the rare occasions the wife and I duo'd those. Can't say whether it helped but we need every advantage on those things. We use it on West Wastes dragons once in awhile but it doesn't feel like it makes any difference against those, definitely not greater than RNG. Might fight one without and need no outside heals, then fight one with cripple on but need two torpors anyway.