Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-18-2022, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

He's also using dictate to charm, which has a fixed duration. Not sure how /q reacts to random duration charm spells.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2022, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

ya fixed duration spells of any kind should maintain fucntionality regardless if you are logged in or out. Random duration spells are supposed to fall off the first tick after you are regstered as having logged out. it's classic though the second part of this doesn't appear to always work correctly and the spell sometimes stick around a bit longer than they should.
Old 06-19-2022, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya fixed duration spells of any kind should maintain fucntionality regardless if you are logged in or out. Random duration spells are supposed to fall off the first tick after you are regstered as having logged out.
This. Simple as that.
Old 06-19-2022, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spithridates [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do that when they can leave a snarky belittling comment and walk away? I enjoyed the vid man, keep em coming!
Nothing snarky about it! It is genuinely interesting. I love seeing players who think outside the box.

As for how to do it KoS, it's nothing special, just the standard way we did it back in the day. This video shows it - note how he /q's at a certain spot. Therein lies your answer.
Old 06-20-2022, 03:10 PM
Banned

Nice video OP, well done.
Old 06-20-2022, 03:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice video OP, well done.
thank you… to be perfectly honest, all respect goes to someone else (I cant remember the name.) One day I was exploring SG out of boredom when I saw this guy charming and fighting this heavy shit stuff. I was in admiration although I didn’t really quite get it. How was he really doing ? I spied on him for 3h and started to understand. All the beauty lies in Dictate. I always thought this spell was a gimmick : what the fuck you do with such a short duration? Well, I learned dictate enables next level enchanting. Charm a 280+ quad hitting total monster to smoke a target in under 50 seconds, thats where the magic is. Combine this with clever out of the water safety, /q faction mechanics, behind the pillars safe relogging and you got a super fun solo camp. This place is basically the best plat per hour in the game (that Ive seen at least). Next I’ll show how to make spawn shimmering sea spirit. A much tougher and nerve wracking camp
Old 06-21-2022, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya fixed duration spells of any kind should maintain fucntionality regardless if you are logged in or out. Random duration spells are supposed to fall off the first tick after you are regstered as having logged out. it's classic though the second part of this doesn't appear to always work correctly and the spell sometimes stick around a bit longer than they should.
Both non-fixed duration high level charm spells (like Boltran's, Allure, etc) and root spells will hold after you /q out. Often the longer root spells will still be on a mob when you log back in, though the charm spells will always end before you are able to log in.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing snarky about it! It is genuinely interesting. I love seeing players who think outside the box.

As for how to do it KoS, it's nothing special, just the standard way we did it back in the day. This video shows it - note how he /q's at a certain spot. Therein lies your answer.
Very helpful answer from the person who supports cheating using third party programs
Old 06-21-2022, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How do you get there when being KoS? There are multiple see invis stuff everywhere