Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Default strange SK weapon question!

i have been playing my SK again, as a tank I know it is my role to dps as well as hold agro, that being said my primary concern is holding agro, I do not have the money to get a haste item and probably will not for some time.

would it be a waste as a SK to invest in a weapon like a SSoY or a sarnak war hammer to use for tanking? to help generate extra agro? as far as I am concerned you can never have too much agro, or would i be better off going with something like a MoSS?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

as an SK I dont think you will be losing aggro much, if any, so I would just go with a weapon that does good dps.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

Your disease cloud line of spells will be your main tool for holding aggro, not your weapons.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as an SK I dont think you will be losing aggro much, if any, so I would just go with a weapon that does good dps.
Such as a two-hander or even a Wurmslayer.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

everything in your question is wrong.

not in the I'm being a dick way, of course. Just your approach to the class must adjust.

as just said above, you won't be losing agro much. Your ability to build agro comes from your spellcasting; you, seriously, could go in there with hand-to-hand.

Further, fo'srs, hybrids don't really need haste belts - their dps is shit and relatively unimportant. People just get haste belts because it does make them better.

No, don't get a yak. get a good sk weapon and shield (if 1h).
Old 06-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Enough boss wipes happen at 1% for me to argue that hybrid dps is indeed relevant. Every little bit helps, and you never know when 10-20% extra damage from a paladin is going to make the difference.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everything in your question is wrong.

not in the I'm being a dick way, of course. Just your approach to the class must adjust.

as just said above, you won't be losing agro much. Your ability to build agro comes from your spellcasting; you, seriously, could go in there with hand-to-hand.

Further, fo'srs, hybrids don't really need haste belts - their dps is shit and relatively unimportant. People just get haste belts because it does make them better.

No, don't get a yak. get a good sk weapon and shield (if 1h).
yea, I played a war on live for 7 years, so I guess I still think like a war not a knight, I will probably just get a MoSS and not sweat haste until I get the chance to get one via a drop.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enough boss wipes happen at 1% for me to argue that hybrid dps is indeed relevant. Every little bit helps, and you never know when 10-20% extra damage from a paladin is going to make the difference.
yeah I never said you should go without a weapon. It's just relatively not important when considering more important factors. relative does not mean the same as if the word were not there.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Moss/Wurmslayer will both serve you well 20-40ish. Then you'd wanna look for an Ebon Mace which is basically the best weapon you'll use until Velious (1hander wise). Noct. Blade is nice too as an intermediary until you get up to an Ebon.

Disease Cloud/Siphon Strength will hold your agro just fine. Aside from that, just bulk up your hp/ac as much as you can while leveling up. Once you're 50+ you can consider putting together another set of gear that is more DPS oriented for raiding and not tanking. This is of course if you intend on grouping. If you're planning to solo more then you'd obviously want the more str, haste, and a solid 2hander to DPS more while fear kiting.

As far as haste goes, forget it and get a HBC/TBB and wait till you get up to sky and get a free belt.

Edit: I see you're already lvl 40, and you have a mage. You should easily be able to afford a Noct blade/Ebon mace. Also, you'll be able to go to the planes soon. In VD our most recent SK to join got most if not all of his planar armor in a week (including sky belt).

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 06-24-2011 at 02:47 PM..
Old 06-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Screw the wurmslayer, especially if you're tanking. Use a shield and the 1her, at least until the epic.
Closed Thread