Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at lower levels dont fight yellow/red cons unless your snare is working reliably, b/c your pet is going to get rocked for a bit.
how low is lower? like <20?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

also, not to assume you're new to this, but just a tip in general to people who re-roll or twink on a budget -

The EC Tunnel is NOT where you should be garnering slot ideas for your new toon. Just because something is for sale, that you can use, does not necessarily mean it's price was evaluated for use by your class.

Determine what you want in which slot via allakhazam or lucy, then go hit EC.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how low is lower? like <20?
not going to lie to you, id have to dig for the necro pet spell levels to determine which one's i was referring to.

However, I was mostly referring to levels 1-10. I suspect folks roll necro based on consensus regarding their strength, however starting out you better not be /pet attacking on the Kodiaks and Centurions because they're going still going to wreck you until your pet can:

A.) do enough damage to hold aggro
B.) At least put up a fight while you dig in with dots/snare/root etc.

^ not happening til the 20's, like you identified.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not going to lie to you, id have to dig for the necro pet spell levels to determine which one's i was referring to.

However, I was mostly referring to levels 1-10. I suspect folks roll necro based on consensus regarding their strength, however starting out you better not be /pet attacking on the Kodiaks and Centurions because they're going to rock your world unless you're a monk twink with a fungi and t staff.
gotcha. I'm doing this old school anyway. no twinking
Old 06-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Kobold

I'll be rolling an Iksar Necro tonight as well. FoB for the win [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ex-Tholuxe Paells player - "Vexikuri & Nytewind" Shout out to Bascome, Naur, Equable, Nizzi, Maynarrd, Daesean, Waggs, Cidz, & others... RIP Vino...
Old 06-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Even after 12 years, I am still amazed Necros can both FD & Rez.

fucking ridiculous. poor rangers.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

In game my nec will be seniksin. Message me if I'm on if any fellow newbies also wanna group up
Old 06-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Banned

How about don't be a fool...

Boost int like a normal human being. Get strength gear. Swap on str gear when you get heavied down.

Medding while alt tabbed somewhere safe with a higher max mana = profit.

Iksar all the way if you're starting new for sure.

Also, take some time to learn The Overthere leveling pools and buy spells in advance.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about don't be a fool...

Boost int like a normal human being. Get strength gear. Swap on str gear when you get heavied down.

Medding while alt tabbed somewhere safe with a higher max mana = profit.

Iksar all the way if you're starting new for sure.
i guarantee int will be a burden the moment you're able to spend $ on yourself, or get into some nice item groups. Necros and Shamans are similar in that you ought to rethink boosting their "main stat" since you'll rarely need your mana pool to effectively kill whatever it is you're fighting.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Banned

You. Have. A. Birth. Defect.

Its. Ok.

Just.Dont.Tell.Other.People.To.Make.Casters.With.S tats.Spent.In.Str. (lol it appends a space on stats for some reason)
Closed Thread