Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-08-2023, 06:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default What are the best items to convert dkp to plat?

Is there a master list anywhere that shows the average values for all high end droppables?
If you were wanting to convert dkp into plat what are the best ratio items to consider?
Considering time to sell, some items move faster than others.
Maybe best to dump it all on one big item or several smaller items?
Just looking to get some plat built up before blue green merge.
Old 01-09-2023, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Each item is valued differently in different guilds. The value is generally based on the supply/demand at the time. So there isn't going to be a single sheet you can reference. You need to look at the DKP values for the specific guild you are in.

If you are in the biggest raiding guild, you could probably get an Amulet of Necropotence for cheaper than if you were in a smaller guild. In a smaller guild, that item is actually a pretty big piece because their range of killable targets is more limited.

Also, you probably aren't going to be getting the best of the best loot to sell, simply due to demand. For example, you probably aren't going to get Flayed Barbarian Skin Leggings. Not only are those expensive DKP wise, but many people bidding on them want to use them. So you will probably be spending more DKP on it than average. The guild may also prevent you from selling loot that good, because it incentivizes people to bid to sell, rather than to use.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesideriumDreams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just looking to get some plat built up before blue green merge.
That merge may not happen for years, if ever; you might be waiting quite a long time.

However, I will note that (like the Amulet DSM mentioned) Zlandicar Hearts are another popular item.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Kobold

It just depends on how much DKP you have vs others, what the DKP system of the guild is, etc. Sometimes you pick up a screaming bargain because your competition is saving DKP for a different big purchase. The wiki is (relatively) accurate on most items so you can use that as a gauge, typically most expensive items are easier to sell / have more demand than cheaper ones. For example, a Z Heart will be easier to sell than an Eye of Nirandi.
Old 01-09-2023, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Selling a bunch of 50-200k items is gonna take a while. 500-1000k items will likely be less dkp efficient but also less overall transactions.

I think something middle of the road like Helmet of Rallos Zek might be the sweet spot.
Old 01-09-2023, 06:25 PM
Banned

when you realize that 90% of guilds that has been formed on p99 banned the

selling of raid loot for plat but do it anyways

god, I love capitalism
Old 01-09-2023, 06:27 PM
Banned

tl;dr
manna robe
Old 01-10-2023, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Most guilds don’t look highly on the active planning on spending dkp for plat conversion. I personally wouldn’t loot to sell because it’s not a great way to gear out a char unless you need a metric ton of plat for silly crap like beads.

I’m not sure why you need a spreadsheet to plan this out. We all know the extremely costly droppable items and where they come from. If it drops from a city leader or ToV dragon, can be traded (or the resulted quest item is) = a ton of plat.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most guilds don’t look highly on the active planning on spending dkp for plat conversion. I personally wouldn’t loot to sell because it’s not a great way to gear out a char unless you need a metric ton of plat for silly crap like beads.

I’m not sure why you need a spreadsheet to plan this out. We all know the extremely costly droppable items and where they come from. If it drops from a city leader or ToV dragon, can be traded (or the resulted quest item is) = a ton of plat.
Some guilds do, just depends. You can sell anything in Eclipse except epic bottlenecks.
Old 01-10-2023, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it’s not a great way to gear out a char unless you need a metric ton of plat for silly crap like beads.
Silly crap, like being a Mage and wanting your epic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.