Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-11-2023, 04:09 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a big proponent of this and would like to see it included in some way, maybe even expanded upon.
Will Project 1999 have Guild Wars?
Old 01-11-2023, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

I have fond memories of a bunch of us all realizing we're players not NPCs all beelining for the nearest newbie and taking him/her out. Best memory was in Nektulos as a large spider taking out a necromancer who was trying to med on the newbie log.

People say they don't like EQ pvp, but then there's always fond memories of Project M. It's pvp and you like it.
Old 01-11-2023, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braselton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sooooo want to spawn as the AOW.

Let someone pull me as normal, let them put me in my corner then turn and ignore everyone but the clerics.

Muhahahahah.

And IF you could zone out to WL to chase down the peasants that dared attack you in your home? Mow them down as they run for their lives!!!!!!!!
Gms should sorta randomly do stuff like this without warning as "events" gotta play it cool and act like AI for a bit to sell it then go all truly G-d of war [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-11-2023, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

“This ability to play a monster is being implemented for PvP servers only as we have no plans to implement non-consensual PvP on a non PvP server.”

This should be true here as well. Any Project M NPCs should spawn on Red.

Would give players a reason to log in to Red as Player Characters, and would give Blue characters a way to check out Red without investing too much time/emotion into it.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 01-11-2023, 10:57 PM
Kobold

I enjoyed being a monster in the Commonlands and I would totally just act like a animal in a non-threatening manner. I had a dream of waiting for freshly made level 1 characters to appear and I could be their little monster buddy but that was unfulfilled.

I wish I snapped photo's of what it looked like to log in but I don't recall that part at all. Does anyone remember how we logged into it?
Last edited by Ananka; 01-11-2023 at 11:13 PM..
Old 01-11-2023, 11:05 PM
Kobold

I think we had to download stuff to do it and I think it was handled like playing on the test server but I'm having only the faintest glimpse at old forgotten memories.
Old 01-11-2023, 11:33 PM
Kobold

I assume that once you logged out any progress on your monster was also lost just like zoning?
Old 01-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume that once you logged out any progress on your monster was also lost just like zoning?
Correct
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 01-12-2023, 01:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a big proponent of this and would like to see it included in some way, maybe even expanded upon.
that, that would be beyond awesome
Old 01-13-2023, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
you better be serious

otherwise this is a worse tease than a woman in lingerie talking dirty in your ear for 6 hours and then just going home