Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandervaccaro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After doing the research... this thread is bust.

I should probably reroll a Shaman if I want to have any hope of being a meleeing caster.
There are some pretty good meleeing casters, they are called Rangers, Paladins, and Shadowknights. Bards are a little different on their casting mechanics, but for all intents and purposes, you will probably enjoy one of these hybrids a lot based on your needs and play style.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandervaccaro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After doing the research... this thread is bust.

I should probably reroll a Shaman if I want to have any hope of being a meleeing caster.
barbarian shaman + barbarian spiritist's hammer.

Or wait till velious: rune etched icewurm fang, that blaze proc 1HB, probably more i'm forgetting.

i actually leveled to 50 with a blight + FBSS and it went pretty quick.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to alexandervaccaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No no. Your chance to proc per swing is a calculation that is calculated every single time you swing. It is based on your chance to proc per minute which in turn is based on your dexterity and the specific weapon you are swinging. For spell-based procs it probably is the same thing except that instead of the weapon, it's based on the spell's inherent chance to process.
Can you explain this again please?

It seems like he's right and your chance to proc per swing would be high. Why? because proc per minute stays the same, but swing # is very low per minute, so proc per swing is high.

Does casting screw with the calculations (probably?) I'm trying to remember on my paladin whether I'd proc more while casting stun and yaulp and such during combat...
Old 06-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Can you explain this again please?

It seems like he's right and your chance to proc per swing would be high. Why? because proc per minute stays the same, but swing # is very low per minute, so proc per swing is high.

Does casting screw with the calculations (probably?) I'm trying to remember on my paladin whether I'd proc more while casting stun and yaulp and such during combat...
Nah... "procs per minute" in this case doesn't mean the actual number you will process per minute, it means "your expected number of procs if you attacked something for one minute"
Old 06-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Banned

think of swing and proc as 2 completely independent calculations (in fact i think they are).

a weapon has an inherent proc rate (say a yak, 3.4 procs-per-minute), and that gets multiplied by a multiplier based on your dex. the higher the dex, the higher the multiplier = the more procs per minute.

Your swing speed, if increased, actually decreases the chance of proc [I]per swing[I] but has nothing to do with your procs-per-minute. therefore you'll proc the same amount with 0 or 100% haste.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to alexandervaccaro

Nevermind I figured it out. The calculation for proc chance on swing must be based on attack delay and not actual number of swings per minute or whatever, meaning that casting inbetween swings won't really make a difference for this calculation.

I guess if this is true and you're trying to cast in combat and proc at the same time, you should grab a high delay proccing weapon, reducing the number of missed attack rounds per cast, and guaranteeing a higher proc rate than you'd see on a 1her with lower delay.

/..../
Just to clarify, I feel like the question dealing with proc rate when casting is taken into account is actually the question of whether proc calculations use your actual # of swings per minute or your calculated # of swings, and it must be the latter...
Last edited by alexandervaccaro; 06-30-2011 at 05:37 PM..
Old 06-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nevermind I figured it out. The calculation for proc chance on swing must be based on attack delay and not actual number of swings per minute or whatever, meaning that casting inbetween swings won't really make a difference for this calculation.

I guess if this is true and you're trying to cast in combat and proc at the same time, you should grab a high delay proccing weapon, reducing the number of missed attack rounds per cast, and guaranteeing a higher proc rate than you'd see on a 1her with lower delay.
exactly. with a barb hammer you can cannibalize, slow, heal as much as you want and still get in a crazy amount of procs.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:

As an aside, I believe that your time casting does not count towards your delay toward your swing, therefore casting will not help your efficiency in pure dps regard even if your delay is longer than your casting time.
Closed Thread