Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 01:23 AM
Skeleton

So in the Green Beta currently my Meditate skill will still increase when sitting down, even without the Spellbook open or clicking on the Meditate button.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:35 AM
Kobold

I think there are some people calling for more and more changes that effect the QoL and will be massively off putting for most players who wont even be playing Green. I think there are a lot of trolls who just want, for what ever reason, to have less people playing the game. Things like the black screen while medding just turns off players. Everyone hated it in classic, and it's not something that adds to the game in anyway. Things like that.

It would be interesting, if there was an option to toggle such things on and off, for an experiance that was more or less classic, to see how many people who call for that here, would actually use it.

Classic was a fun amazing game that many of us loved. And P99 does many things that make us love the game, such as banning boxers and botters. And I am so excited for Green, so I can relieve the excitement and danger of a game where death was punishing, skill at your class was rewarded, and your reputation as a player was exceptionally important.

But there are many things which dont add anything to the immersion, dont add to the fun feel of classic. Things that do nothing but make the experiance much less enjoyable.

One of the things that is going to make green awesome is the thousands of casual players who dont know everything about the game, thousands of players who just want to relive the fun of the game of their youth in the golden days of EQ.

No reason to impliment features that just drive people away because a small vocal minority cheers for everything that makes the game less enjoyable.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacidpenguin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think there are some people calling for more and more changes that effect the QoL and will be massively off putting for most players who wont even be playing Green. I think there are a lot of trolls who just want, for what ever reason, to have less people playing the game. Things like the black screen while medding just turns off players. Everyone hated it in classic, and it's not something that adds to the game in anyway. Things like that.

It would be interesting, if there was an option to toggle such things on and off, for an experiance that was more or less classic, to see how many people who call for that here, would actually use it.

Classic was a fun amazing game that many of us loved. And P99 does many things that make us love the game, such as banning boxers and botters. And I am so excited for Green, so I can relieve the excitement and danger of a game where death was punishing, skill at your class was rewarded, and your reputation as a player was exceptionally important.

But there are many things which dont add anything to the immersion, dont add to the fun feel of classic. Things that do nothing but make the experiance much less enjoyable.

One of the things that is going to make green awesome is the thousands of casual players who dont know everything about the game, thousands of players who just want to relive the fun of the game of their youth in the golden days of EQ.

No reason to impliment features that just drive people away because a small vocal minority cheers for everything that makes the game less enjoyable.
I am one of these people but I was not trolling for laughs. These are things that were original to the game when some of us first experienced it and it left an impression. It became the #1 mmorpg with these things. I see you are a 2019 account, hi there.

Quote:
I think there are a lot of trolls who just want, for what ever reason, to have less people playing the game. Things like the black screen while medding just turns off players. Everyone hated it in classic, and it's not something that adds to the game in anyway. Things like that.
This makes me question if you played in classic. There was no Black Screen while medding.. it was a full spell book covering the viewport. The black screen was Rogeans attempt at recreating the same thing. We can't use the orginal UI and its viewport and its medding spell book because of modern LCD wide screen monitors and resolution not working like it does with CRT monitors.

Quote:
.. and those would be the black screen which was an attempt at recreating the spell book medding which was classic, immersive. I suppose original EQ, what this server is trying to recreate, would be much less enjoyable while wanting to play a classic server .. *Oww, my head hurts*

Edit: As for cheering for these things to drive people away, I am not sure if this 2019 account is the same guy making all of the other 2019 accounts that argue similar. Anyway, giving the benefit of the doubt, you are simply confused. You say players remembering the golden years, which this was part of it. The classic game is not for everyone, I say this due to real opinions (or trolls) that say the classic game isn't classic but they want to play and experience the classic game.. it just makes my head hurt.

How classic is classic, how classic is the goal of classic for this server (and rogeans thread title). Some players want a cut off point for classic things and have posted about it.
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-17-2019 at 07:31 AM..
Closed Thread