Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 06:39 AM
Fire Giant

Default Getting stunned while pulling

I've been noticing a lot while pulling, especially in Guk, that I'm getting stunned a LOT by the NPCs immediately. It's not just from bashes either, sometimes it's from regular hits or kicks, it'll also happen twice in a row effectively stun locking me for a few seconds while I get pounded on.

Is this a bug that I should report or is it related to the bash changes? Has anyone else noticed it as an issue?
Old 11-12-2019, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

If you get hit the back you can be stunned... pull with a ranged weapon and strafe run back to your friends
Old 11-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Chance to be stunned from the rear has been in the game since at least Phase 3 of Beta.

Quote:
- Increased chance of being stunned when chased.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Beta_Pa...uary_5.2C_1999

(We know this because I found the patch notes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Old 11-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chance to be stunned from the rear has been in the game since at least Phase 3 of Beta.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Beta_Pa...uary_5.2C_1999

(We know this because I found the patch notes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
I tried following the source in the wiki back to check the original Japanese since it's an "auto translation" but the only statement I could find from Jan 5 was

Quote:
Injustice Definition - EQVault , 1/4
Beta exploitation (* Exploitation) is mainly defined as:

Even if there are monsters that can take more loot and XP than others at the same level, it is illegal to kill them repeatedly. If you don't know that it's "too good", consider this: The value of loot from a standard 30th level monster will not be more than 3-5 in platinum, defeating a monster But my XP bar doesn't move more than a few pixels. This is also true for all quests, and if an 8th level character completes in a matter of minutes, it is a bug if 5 or more platinum coins are paid.
If you kill an enemy that is stuck (such as sticking behind a wall or behind a door and moving on the spot, or being on a bridge against an enemy falling in the water) , It is illegal.
This is illegal if defensive magic is cast in a certain order and they “overlap”, otherwise they cannot. Defensive magic with different levels in the same system should not overlap, and if so, it is a bug. That also applies to many "* Enhancement" magic. If the names and effects are similar but at different levels, they should not overlap.
Even things that seem "too easy" can be fraudulent. Check such things, report them in / bug, and leave. Even as a benchmark alone, one character (if you are familiar, you can't be alone in this case) can't be able to defeat enemies that are stronger than the one displayed in “blue” one after another, and No one can defeat the enemy of yellow or higher by himself. This was 989 defined, not me. If there is a tactic that can somehow do that, it will disturb the balance and must be reported.
EQV Daily Shot - EQVault , 1/4

Daily screenshots have been updated after a long time. Today is Dark Elf town Neriak.

EQV Unofficial FAQ - EQVault , 1/4

An Unofficial FAQ has been posted that summarizes VIP posts whose names appear blue on the message board . The translated version is not yet complete. A link is also added to the menu on the right.

Norrath Racial Discrimination - Crossroad of Norrath , 1/4

The Land of Men and Murderers , based on facts about NPC racial discrimination awareness, has been released. In the city, people (including guards) may have hostile consciousness against different races.
none of the patch notes that are in the wiki's patch notes.

This definitely doesn't seem to be at a classic rate to me though admittedly when I was pulling/tanking in live it was mostly Orc Highway and other outdoor zones so the range was a lot higher when I was pulling as opposed to Befallen and Guk as I have been doing on green.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

It seems to depend on which translation engine you use, you get different results.

Google translate right now gives me:

Quote:
1/05/99 12:30 pm
------------ The
following changes and bug fixes are promulgated with new patches;

-Increased chance of fainting when chased.
-Fixed range magic effect.
-Sit more easily when attacking.
-Increased the speed of NPCs in the dungeon.
-Fixed so that when a character hits the sky, it will not harden.
-Fixed bugs related to character file corruption.
-Fixed "magic duplication" bug.
-Bard songs will no longer replace other effects.
-Magic that should be used outdoors can only be used outdoors.
-Fixed a bug that allowed you to take magic and other actions while fainting.

1/05/99 8:45 pm
----------- If the
option is not downloaded, the sound effects will not be introduced until Phase4. The location will be announced soon.
Guild features are being improved and tested. The process of guild formation and maintenance will be announced soon.

If you are unable to log in to the game after the patch, disable the sound device and try again. Please email us about your system configuration, especially your sound device: "sclover@sonyinteractive.com"
It is 100% on that page.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
(NOTE: auto-translated from Japanese and taken from: http://web.archive.org/web/200103120...ews/99-1-1.htm)
can you take a screenshot for me? because on the link above I don't see much in the way of any patch notes, just stuff about exploits and news on new screenshots etc.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems to depend on which translation engine you use, you get different results.

Google translate right now gives me:

It is 100% on that page.
not that i dont believe you but.. are we really using these "patch notes" to recreate this game lol... WTF is "-Fixed so that when a character hits the sky, it will not harden.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 11-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebandit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF is "-Fixed so that when a character hits the sky, it will not harden.
I don't get it. What's your question?
Old 11-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

They're way better than the nothing that we had for these patches up until last month.

If you can read Japanese feel free to provide a better translation.

Quote:
WTF is "-Fixed so that when a character hits the sky, it will not harden.
Characters won't get stuck when they hit the ceiling.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Screenie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phase3.jpg (21.9 KB, 9 views)
Closed Thread