Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2021, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're gonna basically be a worse mage until you get to like level 25-30 when you can start holding charm reliably, buckle up.
Even being a worse mage as a pet class you are still better than ALL non-twinked melees are those levels

There is something seriously off with pet damage at early levels. Giving them a 2handed weapon pre-level 20 almost breaks the game. I was watching recordings of a ranger leveling up who was around the same level as my enchanter as I leveled from 1-20. My pet did WAYYYY more damage than he was (he was untwinked just using what weapons he could find or quest for). I’m talking like 2x his damage just from the pet alone

There’s a thread on the Blue server forum where some people speculate that pet damage on p99 might be a bit off from how it was in vanilla. I would almost agree but I am not complaining. Of course this drops off significantly around level 25. I remember when I was killing gnolls at splitpaw my hasted pet could only handle 2 blues in a row with me slowing them prior to getting hit to engage the pet before the pet was almost dead. Then I would have to sit there and wait for pet’s health to slowly trickle back up. I was very much in the charming mode prior to that but splitpaw is so ungodly camped that often there wasn’t 2 mobs I could charm. So I had to go back to using the animation, and that’s when I noticed it’s power really dropping off, especially compared to what a charmed mob can do at that level

Apparently animations stay pretty weak until the level 49+ ones based on what I read in that thread on the blue server forum about enchanter pets. Which doesn’t matter really to anyone who mostly charms

Enchanter really seems to hit a power spike at 29 with clarity. I was pretty stoked to recently kill 2 solusek goblins, a solusek priest, and the solusek king all at once at level 35. Let’s see other classes pull that off at that level. Then again shortly after I watched a twinked monk 4 levels lower kill 2 solusek goblins at the same time, which was a bit humbling lol