Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 02:05 PM
Large Rat

Thank you for the response. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2023, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flaggot!

Yea this cme out way before oow. Before even GoD i reckon. Somewhere from loy to ldon. I am sure i was being a flaggot toward the tail end of ldon.

Man i loved delving for augs and building up thr alt currencies to spend on the armours and spells at each camp!

My fave augs were the bounce ones - proced a buff that had a chance to reflect spells at the caster. Always dreamt of reflecting a death touch but never did!
Hope you find a good barrister or it's tea time for you, mate.
Old 08-28-2023, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What advantage is having showeq to the running of the server. I get that it 'shows' things to players they cant possibly know. Can it be limited? Like no warping and loot inspection enforced via showeq version somehow. Idk. Wondering why its even a thing. Seems cheaty to me.
ShowEQ does not allow warping. All it does is show mob / PC locations in a zone on a map.

What you are talking about is MQ, which is not going to be allowed.
Old 08-28-2023, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're welcome to do the research yourself but you'll find that you're wrong.
85/15 is said to be AK classic by the folks who would know.
Old 08-29-2023, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
85/15 is said to be AK classic by the folks who would know.
Al’Kabor had an extremely broken variant of 85/15 and only in two locations.

The first was the zoneline from HoH to HoHB. This was so broken that it allowed 6 flagged characters to bring in 54 unflagged characters. Furthermore the three HoH trials were completely optional for Elemental and Time flagging purposes, as was Aerin’Dar.

The second was Solusek’s Tower. This one did require 85/15, but because it was a key within a zone theoretically you could have 6 flagged people in a raid invite unflagged one at a time, click up and drop the raid, ferrying an unlimited number of people up there.

So the code technically existed, but I think Hobart ported over some data to make those two weird cases work and obviously not as intended.

85/15 went through a few different iterations but it definitely wasn’t fully in place until late 2004. That’s around when they introduced backflags from EP God hails and Phase 3 PoTime backflag keys.

https://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-10310.html
Old 08-29-2023, 11:12 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Al’Kabor had an extremely broken variant of 85/15 and only in two locations.

The first was the zoneline from HoH to HoHB. This was so broken that it allowed 6 flagged characters to bring in 54 unflagged characters. Furthermore the three HoH trials were completely optional for Elemental and Time flagging purposes, as was Aerin’Dar.

The second was Solusek’s Tower. This one did require 85/15, but because it was a key within a zone theoretically you could have 6 flagged people in a raid invite unflagged one at a time, click up and drop the raid, ferrying an unlimited number of people up there.

So the code technically existed, but I think Hobart ported over some data to make those two weird cases work and obviously not as intended.

85/15 went through a few different iterations but it definitely wasn’t fully in place until late 2004. That’s around when they introduced backflags from EP God hails and Phase 3 PoTime backflag keys.

https://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-10310.html
You're who I was thinking of but I guess I don't read good and other stuff too.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PQ isn't an AK clone.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2023, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're welcome to do the research yourself but you'll find that you're wrong.
Okay.

https://web.archive.org/web/20031202...tml?quest=2638

People talking in 2003, a year before oow, and in the year before GoD, about the 85% rule.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 08-29-2023 at 01:24 PM..
Old 08-29-2023, 03:23 PM
Large Rat

Don't see this working out that well unless you can stop MQ from being trivial to use.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:26 PM
Kobold

Looks like I need to learn how to use ShowEQ and MQ then? Never used a third party program in a game before, but I guess if I want to play on Quarm I'm gonna have to figure out how they work.