Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-19-2023, 01:28 PM
Banned

Yeah, it would definitely be a niche thing today. But I think a talented efficient team could pull it off and have it still be profitable even with a niche number of subs, and yeah I'd play the hell out of it too.

I played EQ2 from launch through the first expansion and I just never really felt invested in my character, even though for the time the graphics were fairly impressive. It was cause of the gameplay changes they made compared to EQ1. It was pretty fun in it's own right but after burning through 1-50 and getting my prismatic on my shaman I had no interest in continuing and went back to playing EQ1 lol.
Old 11-19-2023, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, it would definitely be a niche thing today. But I think a talented efficient team could pull it off and have it still be profitable even with a niche number of subs, and yeah I'd play the hell out of it too.

I played EQ2 from launch through the first expansion and I just never really felt invested in my character, even though for the time the graphics were fairly impressive. It was cause of the gameplay changes they made compared to EQ1. It was pretty fun in it's own right but after burning through 1-50 and getting my prismatic on my shaman I had no interest in continuing and went back to playing EQ1 lol.
For some reason I couldn’t get into EQ2. Maybe it’s because I started a year late, but it seemed to me a little less social and a little more run and gun. I also don’t like how they started everyone out in 2 cities instead of having home towns per race. In the end I dropped it after about 2 months. Maybe it’s me though.
Old 12-03-2023, 10:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember brad posted on somethingawful for a while about pantheon early on and basically everybody just invaded his thread and shit on him and ran him out of the forum, which sucked cause he was like right there to talk to but everyone had to be an angry cynical nerd at him.

Shame what that place turned into. This off-topic forum and r&f are at least like a small sliver of when the SA forums were entertaining.
Replying to a banned account, but regardless, Brad never admitted his faults with Vanguard. And that's why there was a lot of ire regarding his reputation. If you're unable to recognize your failures and admit your mistakes, why would anyone trust you in another bout of the same song and dance? Nothing new either in the game industry. John Romero still gets flak for Diakatana and George Broussard still gets grilled over Duke Nukem Forever.
Last edited by Bisonzabi; 12-03-2023 at 10:04 PM..