Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Skeleton

Default streamline instal and patching

I love p1999 they do great work and i really cant complain with the exception of anytime i gotta patch p99 files or instal game I like most people run into tons of small issues. Admin / permissions to move files, anti virus issues blocking and removing files, trying to find certain files on the internet, and trying not to download virus's or trojans during the time i turn off anti virus to get .DLL files thru. I guess all I am saying is there needs to be more clarity on getting this game up and running. I infact would have more friends on p1999 if it was easier for others to instal and get running. I more dumb proof instal process please.
I say all this as right now I cannot for the life of me get windows 7 to let me move DSETUP.dll into EQ folder Ive tried every permission switch possible.
Anyways a place with a way to safe and easy download titanium, a link to a patcher that looks for missing EQ files and out of date files and updates them all. This way when I have issues like now I can scrap all of it and start over fresh. Without having to look for Daemon tools lite or other software that leads people to fake links loaded with malware.
HELP...PLEASE.... omgosh thanks !!
-frustrated guy
Old 12-27-2014, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

#1 Rule - Don't install any game into your program files folder EVER!

#2 Just follow directions and 99% of the time you will have no issues.

#3 If you encounter a problem do a forum search for your issue and you will find a fix.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Admin / permissions to move files, anti virus issues blocking and removing files, trying to find certain files on the internet, and trying not to download virus's or trojans during the time i turn off anti virus to get .DLL files thru.
All of this was a one-time job for me. It's not something that needs to be done every patch.

And yeah: don't install games to Program Files. Really come to dislike the whole folder. Thx MS.
Last edited by myriverse; 12-28-2014 at 10:17 AM..
Old 12-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
I cannot for the life of me get windows 7 to let me move DSETUP.dll into EQ folder Ive tried every permission switch possible.
Try a small program called, "Take ownership"