Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but but but

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...51&postcount=1

Repops are coming BDA! Sound the alarms, get parked ! You guys dont even have to do anything but log in when a repop happens and kill a dragon or two, call it a day!

What you say!
I mean we killed every dragon in ToV 20 times on Phinigel. It doesn't really hold the same allure anymore.

A new Classic server would be cool though.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA what were you thinking moving away to a different server, only to experience content that would get stale after 18 months. You should have stayed here where the content is in a permanent stale state.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean we killed every dragon in ToV 20 times on Phinigel. It doesn't really hold the same allure anymore.

A new Classic server would be cool though.
Green server on P99 will be such a clusterfuck with a blue like population.

VP Key camps and Seb keys will be fun with 1000 nerds at level 51 trying to get pieces.

/pickzones and instanced raid content really save current TLPs. Without them they would be dumpsterfires until GoD.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Banned

Eq is dead you retards
Old 10-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eq is dead you retards
thank god daybreak voted no on Green server.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

This was sent to me and asked to be posted anonymously:

the guild started dying in pop. chest knew nothing about the expansion, did zero research, would spend every raid having everyone tell him every little bit of every fight or progression.

mid-pop (ldon) chest moved across the country for some lady with kids and quit leading the guild but refusing to allow anyone to make any changes that might help keep the guild stay alive or survive on phinny

god launches and chest wasn't even around. the super casual base chest had let to start take over couldn't even attend 2-3 days of raids in a row to get flags so we always needed to backflag. when chest did show up he once again had no idea what was going on, constantly whined that any fight that wasn't tank-and-spank was "gimmicky" and "stupid", and was generally just lost and refused to do anything but have people spoon feed him info, just like 95% of the rest of the guild

raids were a wreck of everyone arguing, no discipline, starting 30-45 mins late at best, and loot council giving gear to super casual players over high playtime because the guild became almost all casual players with gear so shitty they couldn't take an ae. wipes take forever to recover, people afk constantly, people don't even put any effort into their gear unless the raid hands it to them. we had like 25 steady raiders.

mid-god we lost the officer who was leading our god progression, then a lot of other high playtime people bailed to join him over the next few weeks. our steady raiders shrank even more, while chest still refused to even admit there was a problem

we never cleared all of txevu in one night (some mobs we never beat even once), we only killed tunat a handful of times. i think txevu main boss we only killed like once or twice?

come oow launch, we can't even get through trials, people aren't even trying to get thier signets (only a couple did). more of our ever-shrinking high playtime people left to other guilds, like relb. chest still refuses to admit there's a problem or that we need to change how we run things. instead just says "oh lets recruit more"

next week we were dead

basically chest killed the guild by not just refusing to actually be a leader, but by cock-blocking anyone else from leading it too. lazy asshole who didn't even want to be there, but his ego was so huge he refused to let anyone else who knew what the fuck they were talking about even try anything new

i'm glad it's finally dead so i can move on to a guild that actually has a fucking leader that has a clue what they're doing
Old 10-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda_truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the guild started dying in pop. chest knew nothing about the expansion, did zero research, would spend every raid having everyone tell him every little bit of every fight or progression.

mid-pop (ldon) chest moved across the country for some lady with kids and quit leading the guild but refusing to allow anyone to make any changes that might help keep the guild stay alive or survive on phinny

god launches and chest wasn't even around. the super casual base chest had let to start take over couldn't even attend 2-3 days of raids in a row to get flags so we always needed to backflag. when chest did show up he once again had no idea what was going on, constantly whined that any fight that wasn't tank-and-spank was "gimmicky" and "stupid", and was generally just lost and refused to do anything but have people spoon feed him info, just like 95% of the rest of the guild

raids were a wreck of everyone arguing, no discipline, starting 30-45 mins late at best, and loot council giving gear to super casual players over high playtime because the guild became almost all casual players with gear so shitty they couldn't take an ae. wipes take forever to recover, people afk constantly, people don't even put any effort into their gear unless the raid hands it to them. we had like 25 steady raiders.

mid-god we lost the officer who was leading our god progression, then a lot of other high playtime people bailed to join him over the next few weeks. our steady raiders shrank even more, while chest still refused to even admit there was a problem

we never cleared all of txevu in one night (some mobs we never beat even once), we only killed tunat a handful of times. i think txevu main boss we only killed like once or twice?

come oow launch, we can't even get through trials, people aren't even trying to get thier signets (only a couple did). more of our ever-shrinking high playtime people left to other guilds, like relb. chest still refuses to admit there's a problem or that we need to change how we run things. instead just says "oh lets recruit more"

next week we were dead

basically chest killed the guild by not just refusing to actually be a leader, but by cock-blocking anyone else from leading it too. lazy asshole who didn't even want to be there, but his ego was so huge he refused to let anyone else who knew what the fuck they were talking about even try anything new

i'm glad it's finally dead so i can move on to a guild that actually has a fucking leader that has a clue what they're doing
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 10-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda_truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

next week we were dead

A+ great story
Old 10-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not much to share. We went over to Phinigel with 100ish people from P99 - never really recruited the past 1.5 years on Phinigel.

As people quit the game to do other things they never really got replaced, as we were just 1 of 15-20 guilds clearing raid content on Phinigel it was difficult to bring in new blood without coldcalling like some of the bigger guilds do.

It didn't start to really affect us until end of PoP. GoD was a slog but we beat it, OoW attendance dropped a little more but enough to mean we could no longer raid on any given night.

So the Phinigel version of BDA dissolved. The people who wanted to continue raiding expansions they haven't experienced have gone to various other guilds. Some will quit and go to Agnarr or other MMOs/games. Hopefully Pantheon isn't vapor ware and all our old pals who stopped playing EQ over the years can get together there - not much more in the way of MMOs on the horizon after all.

I seriously doubt any come back to P99 though. Nothing has changed here. I'd probably check out a Green server though.
yall gonna go for this shit??

OR ARE YOU GONNA READ THE BDA TRUTH????

Old 10-05-2017, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

Wait i thought phinny pop. was so robust?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Closed Thread