Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 03:30 PM
Large Rat

Default Power of Fire

Hello all, relatively new to the Green server.. played a long time on live, but enjoying my 1st toon here and the super helpful community. I did a search and nothing really jumped out, but I'm hunting for the Power of Fire for my epic ..

I've gotten about ~50 kills on Blazing Elementals in Sola and not seeing one drop.. I checked on a few sites and looks like it should drop (Magelo indicated something like a 1% drop vs. 27% from the Lava Elemental back behind the gnome fort).

Question.. does this quest item actually drop from the Blazing Elemental? Has anyone seen it in this Efreeti tunnel location? I wasn't sure if that was something that was added later.

Question.. Is the Lava Elemental the way to go? From all I've read, less spawns/higher chance vs. guaranteed spawns/low chance..

Any advise is greatly appreciated. I don't mind it taking a long time to drop, just want to make sure the mob I'm hunting actually drops it.. It's kind of a pain in the rear getting back to the LE because 1) I'm a DE and 2) my 51 pet likes to warp through the walls and come back to me some random way, usually with a bunch of unfriendlies.

Was thinking about making it guard and then summon it to prevent the above.

Thanks for making this a great community!!

Aeildar 52 Elementalist
Old 02-11-2022, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Have you checked the wiki?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Power_of_Fire
https://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing_elemental#
https://wiki.project1999.com/Lava_elemental

Also try searching the forums:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=60195
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-11-2022, 03:54 PM
Large Rat

Thanks Samoht! I love the Wiki, have like 5 tabs up at all time.. appreciate the thread link also (nice to know I'm not going crazy).. makes sense that it's super rare off the BE's.. I'll give the LE a swing!
Old 02-11-2022, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely go for the Lava Elemental, it seems to drop off of him every time. You can keep his PH down as well as the Blazings if you're creative. I have a good write up of the quest here if you have other questions:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Kurrat%...ian_Epic_Guide

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-11-2022, 05:06 PM
Large Rat

Amazing write up Balimon! Thank you! I'll be using it.

Lava Elemental, here I come!!!
Old 02-11-2022, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Who wants to break the unfortunate news to this guy that ultimately Mage epic is virtually impossible to get on P99
Old 02-11-2022, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who wants to break the unfortunate news to this guy that ultimately Mage epic is virtually impossible to get on P99

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-11-2022, 05:42 PM
Large Rat

Yea, i've read about the staff drop and all that good stuff.. but honestly, I love questing and wouldn't mind having all my ducks in a row in case something gets modified and the drops rates get a little friendlier. Another plus is I am getting to work through some zones that I never really got a chance to on live (started with Luclin)..

Really do appreciate all the feedback everyone. Thanks again, Aeildar
Old 02-12-2022, 04:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I've heard someone say getting the mage epic on p99 is an incredible unlikelihood and one person cited the fact that on blue you just don't see ANY mages walking around with their epic.

I think what people are forgetting (or never realized) is that the mage epic weapon is temporary. The actual reward is a spell that you scribe into your book, which when cast, summons the mage epic weapon, which has 1 charge of Summon Awesome Pet. And as mage summoned items are wont to do, it poofs when you log. So, no, you're not going to see mages running around with their epic weapon in their hand, unless you're in a group with said mage.

So good luck on your epic quest, may the gods of Norrath smile on you in your travels.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I've heard someone say getting the mage epic on p99 is an incredible unlikelihood and one person cited the fact that on blue you just don't see ANY mages walking around with their epic.

I think what people are forgetting (or never realized) is that the mage epic weapon is temporary. The actual reward is a spell that you scribe into your book, which when cast, summons the mage epic weapon, which has 1 charge of Summon Awesome Pet. And as mage summoned items are wont to do, it poofs when you log. So, no, you're not going to see mages running around with their epic weapon in their hand, unless you're in a group with said mage.

So good luck on your epic quest, may the gods of Norrath smile on you in your travels.
It has (almost) nothing to do with that.

The mage epic is gatekept by Magi pasta, who only spawns once every 3 days or so, and often doesn't even drop the epic piece.

As a result, a server only sees maybe one new mage epic a week, if that, and it only goes to the top mages in the top guilds (only they have "bot" characters and teams of players logging into them to track pasta during his crazy long spawn window).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread