Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Aviak

Default Does Crafted Gear Quest Exist Yet? (Warrior)

Hello,

Does the crafted gear quest for warrior work on Green? I'm not sure when it became available. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

i think that is part of the temple of sol ro quests which come out in about 6 months

here ya go

http://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Se...lease_Schedule
Old 11-12-2019, 03:41 AM
Large Rat

I ran to South Karana and the Centaur quest giver seems not to be in the game yet.
Altho i'm not sure this is part of sol ro quest , to me it doesn't make sense to introduce this armor 3 months after the release of Plane of fear.
If anyone has some more infos it would be nice.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaywu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ran to South Karana and the Centaur quest giver seems not to be in the game yet.
Altho i'm not sure this is part of sol ro quest , to me it doesn't make sense to introduce this armor 3 months after the release of Plane of fear.
If anyone has some more infos it would be nice.
You're right that it doesn't make sense, but it may have been the order in which those things happened back in 1999.

Right now at the beginning of a new server, and indeed, a new era in Project 1999 history, we must constantly remember that Everquest was released as essentially an unfinished game. They added content to it after it was released - not just to the endgame, like they do now on Live, but to the early and middle levels.

And yeah, lots of things didn't make sense. Rogues didn't have Evade, shamans didn't have Shrink, and enchanters didn't have Clarity, for crying out loud. There were difficult named mobs with worthless loot, and easy named mobs with amazing loot. There were Thex Daggers with 50 disease resist, at a time when most resist items had at most 10 to one or more resists (and you can get it on a level 1). There were manastones that turned any caster into a time-bending shaman. And once Verant saw the outcomes, a lot of that stuff got changed/fixed/added/removed.

But not the cleric armor with int on it. /sigh

So yeah, you're completely right: warriors that play a lot will probably have an opportunity to get loot from the Plane of Fear before they have an opportunity to get Crafted armor. And the same type of situation will occur for many other people.

Crafted armor - yea, and all the Temple of Solusek Ro-era quests - was added because it fills a gap that had been left at launch.

I hope you enjoyed reading this report as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Crafted was put into the game in July of 1999. I'm not sure the Green timeline is exactly right on this but we'll see.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:02 AM
Large Rat

Well that makes me sad cuz i have the talon that drops in mistmoore , spent almost 400pp buying the 3 ruby, ran from Freeport to SK and was happy to do the breastplate turn in...

Altho thanks for your reply , i guess i'll just try to get some mithril armor from solB now xD
Closed Thread