Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can't do tradeskills and you'll have lots of chat restrictions. Kinda sucks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-14-2019, 07:50 PM
Banned

love daoc, played the last shard pheonix and got to RR7 but found it to be much less fun

gaming has moved too far past this type of gameplay, they would have to launch old frontiers classic servers to get anyone to play and i doubt they will

DAOC Was #3 MMo of all time imo
Old 11-15-2019, 02:30 AM
Sarnak

Fair enough. I still think you'd be best playing Phoenix (or whatever the latest one is) if you want what DAOC was meant to be about - World PvP. Though it's got its own meta which may not appeal to all.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:27 AM
Kobold

Oh wow... DAOC is the game I left EQ for, right about the time shortly after AAs came out.

I started on Guinevere (RP) server then went to Mordred (PVP) soon as it opened up. I was a cleric and did Armorcrafting and Spell Crafting. I was one if not the first on server, and I was so busy that I made an outside website people could consult for balancing their spellcrafting on their pieces.. I had so much fun with that game!
Old 11-16-2019, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

From what I understand there is 2 servers f2p can play on also and chat is limited to once every 30 seconds. Might check it out no idea what are those champion abilities but haven't play daoc in a while.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer Warhammer Online (which has a great private server, Return of Reckoning), and the class/content restrictions are just too rough for me to enjoy DAOC.
Oh man I remember the Warhammer Online launch. Shame how EA handled that game and didn't give it enough time before releasing it too early.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:36 AM
Kobold

My first wtf moment in Warhammer Online was getting involved in a keep raid in some foresty Order zone, there were maybe 20 players involved but as soon as we got inside the keep the game just became an unplayable slideshow.

I had a pretty nice gaming pc at the time (2x 8800GT in SLI and a Q6600), and strong cable internet.

I remembered how I could be involved in massive 100 v 100 RvR battle in DAoC without much noticeable lag. And this was on some random Dell PC and dial-up. The same studio made these games. I had also just previously been burnt by both Vanguard and Age of Conan.

I didn't play much longer after that.

Warhammer also had some of the worst class balancing that I've ever seen in an MMO. My class, Shaman, happened to be one of the shitty ones so that also influenced my departure. Bright Wizards were ridiculous (best CC and AOE, you had no choice but to just die) and Ironbreakers were especially stupid. They could punt you anywhere, which meant they would just auto win whenever there was some sort of hazard nearby. Also, there was a volcano BG that was filled with lava, so a solo Ironbreaker could just single-handedly win for his team by just running around and punting everyone into the lava.
Last edited by Khorza; 11-26-2019 at 10:46 AM..
Closed Thread