Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Default Unique users

I'm curious if there is any data or way to collect data on the number of unique users. Based on unixgeek's (I don't know his forum name but that's his website's name) peak population tracker Green/Teal have a peak weekend population total of about 1800. Presumably this would be even lower if they were merged because of people boxing both servers. I'm curious how low it would be.

Additionally, Blue currently has a peak weekend population of about 500-600. I'm curious how many of those are uniquely Blue as well. I'm assuming the percent of people boxing Blue and Green/Teal is higher than the percent boxing Green and Teal together.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

Anyone remember the days we were super excited to have 300 - 400 on blue?

It’s interesting seeing people call 1800 a low amount.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone remember the days we were super excited to have 300 - 400 on blue?

It’s interesting seeing people call 1800 a low amount.
I'm not calling it low... in fact I think 1800 is probably still too high for purely classic. I'm just wondering how much of a hit the population would take from merging due to people using 2 servers at once.

If, say, 10% of users on Green are boxing on Teal at the same time then it would be down to 1700 about, for example. That's probably still too big for a merge in classic zones only. This is my curiosity, not a concern about the population.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not calling it low... in fact I think 1800 is probably still too high for purely classic. I'm just wondering how much of a hit the population would take from merging due to people using 2 servers at once.

If, say, 10% of users on Green are boxing on Teal at the same time then it would be down to 1700 about, for example. That's probably still too big for a merge in classic zones only. This is my curiosity, not a concern about the population.
My bad then, the “even lower than 1800” part of your post gave my that impression.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My bad then, the “even lower than 1800” part of your post gave my that impression.
I can see how it can be read that way when rereading, but it was not intended. The only concern might be if 100% of people on Teal are being boxed from Green players, but if that's the case then something weird is going on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread