Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The mid 20th century tax rate isn't comparable to the current tax rate as they had a massive amount of exemptions back then; you don't honestly think the rich would ever allow themselves to be taxed at 90%+? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

made up example: tax rate is 90%, but they can exempt 50% of their income from it, so the effective rate is 45%.

I remember reading something that although tax rates have varied wildly, the amount as a % of GDP has remained fairly constant since 1940 when the amount skyrocketed.
I was hoping someone smart would explain it. Can you delete this?
Old 01-22-2020, 07:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was hoping someone smart would explain it. Can you delete this?
Not sure what you are saying. Are you implying that I'm not smart because I know about mid 20th century tax rates? I don't get the reasoning behind that, could you please explain.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you are saying. Are you implying that I'm not smart because I know about mid 20th century tax rates? I don't get the reasoning behind that, could you please explain.
Exhibit A
Old 01-22-2020, 07:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The arguments about the “ebbs and flows” are ones the scientists themselves used to test their theories. The only reason you even know about that is because they TRY to disprove their own theories. It’s called the scientific method. They’ve taken into account these ebbs and flows, the periods of heating and cooling, and STILL come to the conclusion that the effects we’re seeing now are man-made.
Hey retard, I've already debunked this "scientific consensus" nonsense. Stop pretending its still a thing.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Hey retard, I've already debunked this "scientific consensus" nonsense. Stop pretending its still a thing.
Yes, you’ve “debunked” NASA, the UN, the US military, the National Academy of Scientists etc. by linking a Forbes article.

I’m shocked more articles don’t credit you with debunking this worldwide phenomenon.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:11 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Polycaster;3072197]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Either he forgot to add "hundred" between 'couple' and 'thousand' or he is one of yours trying to discredit the opposition. No one believes humans are 2000 years old, as the Bible has humans appearing many generations before the birth of Jesus. Also, no one who believes in the Biblical account of Creation thinks the rest of the earth was created 100s of millions of years before humans as Teppler states, they believe everything was created within a similar time span.
Well it depends what theory you look at. The most popular 'out of africa' says a species of hominid left africa roughly 50,000 years ago and their brains transformed radically at that time. And they are the basis of modern day humans.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you’ve “debunked” NASA, the UN, the US military, the National Academy of Scientists etc. by linking a Forbes article.

I’m shocked more articles don’t credit you with debunking this worldwide phenomenon.
Sounds like you are one of those science cucks, taking peer-reviewed studies and the international community more seriously than a bunch of uneducated Everquest players.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=Teppler;3072225]
Quote:

Well it depends what theory you look at. The most popular 'out of africa' says a species of hominid left africa roughly 50,000 years ago and their brains transformed radically at that time. And they are the basis of modern day humans.

https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/homo2/mod_homo_4.htm

Close, but off by about 150,000 years...

“ Current data suggest that modern humans evolved from archaic humans primarily in East Africa. A 195,000 year old fossil from the Omo 1 site in Ethiopia shows the beginnings of the skull changes that we associate with modern people, including a rounded skull case and possibly a projecting chin.”
Old 01-22-2020, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

It’s always fun when the 4chan conspiracy theorists go full 4chan.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s always fun when the 4chan conspiracy theorists go full 4chan.
Get off the science d, soy man.
Closed Thread