Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 10:02 PM
Large Bat

I loved LDoN. Not necessarily because of the fact that it used instances, but because of the dungeon crawl aspect of it... You weren't just sitting in a room clearing the same X number of mobs over the span of a few hours - you had to actively move through a dungeon clearing rooms on your way. At the time I played a monk and really enjoyed the change of pace it brought to pulling.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Include Kunark and Velious. Cat people from the moon is where I draw the line. But I'd welcome Luclin AA's as something post-end game to do. Only part I'd welcome..
Old 01-26-2020, 02:19 AM
Sarnak

Id include Lord of Destruction from d2. Shit was an example of a brilliant expansion pack.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

On a server like this...

Include Luclin, PoP, LoY, LDoN, GoD.

Another server with OOW, DoN, DoDH, PoR would also be real cool.

Anyone suggesting stripping Bazaar, Nexus or PoK from expansions is being nonsensical. You have some false view of what trading and porting really is like on these servers. They’re not some magical sources of human interaction. Most scenarios outside of porting or trading with guildmates you could replace with bots designed to sell or port and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

Bazaar let people sell while they slept or worked which was huge it also reduces prices to make things more reasonable. It also adds a market for lower tier items people wouldn’t bother spending time in EC selling.

Nexus port goes to 1 location per continent (NKarana, GFay, Tox, Dreadlands, Great Divide, Nexus). The portal is on a 15min timer. So if you want to port from one of those zones to the nexus you have to wait between 0-15 minutes, average of 7.5. If you wanted to travel between two of those zones, you spend on average 7.5min waiting to go to nexus and another 15min waiting to leave the nexus. So 22.5min trying to traverse continents then whatever time running to go to the zone you actually care about. This in no way shape or form removes the desirability of porters. If anyone’s dial a port took 22min on average they would be enraged. It’s just another form of boats really.

Plane of Knowledge does kill porting to many core locations. However to Karanas, Kunark, Velious, and Luclin porting still saves a large amount of time over PoK book and run. PoP does a lot to add value to druids and wizards in groups so they’re no longer just solo classes. At this point porting becomes a group benefit more than a money making tool for these classes and having played both in these eras Id much rather groups want to invite my class than people who don’t want to invite me offer 100 plat for a port. Furthermore PoK makes grouping all across Norrath more accessible for newer players who don’t have the connections or funds for a port.

In summary Luclin and PoP are incredible.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:24 PM
Kobold

shadows of luclin was the best expansion + better looking models than classic + cool zones (vex thal and the underground city thing whatever the fuck)
Old 01-27-2020, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhairava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shadows of luclin was the best expansion + better looking models than classic + cool zones (vex thal and the underground city thing whatever the fuck)
That one part invalidated anything else you said
Old 01-27-2020, 06:04 AM
Planar Protector

include dungeons of norrath tuned to P99 stats
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:39 AM
Sarnak

include everything up to dragons of norrath. was my favorite expansions between God / OOW / DoN / PoRo
Old 01-29-2020, 01:51 AM
Kobold

Anyone that says they liked vex thall didn't get in there in luclin, and honestly Id be surprised if they were in there in pop because it was the gayest goddamn plow ever, hours and hours spent getting to a named.....during luclin for your first dozen or so clears you really needed 60+ in raid to make any decent headway dps wise, pretty much everything had the same model for npcs…..it was boring as shit. If you were lucky you'd camp raid out and finish the next day, or have coth bots set up all over and try and save a few hours getting past the first hour or two of plowing.
Old 01-29-2020, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
INCLUDE Luclin but it's actually inside a hollow Norrath
And it should have been accessible through that long, winding tunnel in Stonebrunt Mountains which starts at the Kerran village, goes below ground a ways, and then just ends abruptly.
Closed Thread