Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 01:17 AM
Aviak

Default Unknown Error Occurred While Trying to Join that Server Message

Hi all,

I'm getting this message all of a sudden. I have never had it before.

Unknown error occurred while trying to join that server.

Please help.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Skeleton

I'm getting this same issue, it's happened to me three different times once while I was in Steamfont leveling got a horrible lag it dc'd me and i couldn't log back in. Then when i logged back in I went into Lfay since I died got the same issue, then it happened again just now while in gfay.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

A quick restart usually fixes that error for me. If that doesnt help close it donw and wait 15-20 minutes. If that doesnt work reinstall?
Old 05-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Skeleton

I've tried both things between rebooting my computer, usually after not playing for 30 minutes I can play again but it happens again. As far as reinstalling I don't think that will fix it, because this just started happening in the months that I've been playing on p99. Also this happened to an enchanter I was with he got the same issue that I was having then it happened again to both us this was the incident while I was in steamfont
Old 05-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

So? You haven't installed in a few months, something definitely could be wrong. Have you tried using an alternative method to launch it? (If you launch from eqgame.exe shortcut try eqemu launcher, or wineq2.0?)

Im just throwing ideas at you, Ive had similar problems, none of which ever got diagnosed. Id oubt you'll ever get any more clcose to solving it than performing a fresh reinstall.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Skeleton

I have fresh reinstalled, I reinstalled within this month to start back up on blue again I use the extension from DuxaUI. Whats even worse is when i do get back in i'm able to play for like 5 minutes then the problem reoccurs i get horrible lag and then get dc'd. I've tried resetting my modem and router
Last edited by Deleo; 05-18-2014 at 09:46 PM..
Old 05-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Skeleton

So I did a fresh install again, and I'm still getting the same issue and actually running into cannot read memory, however i think I fixed the memory issue by changing the resolution via the eqclient.ini. Not sure what to do typically I get the issue late at night.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Aviak

I am getting this now to. Just logged off to switch onto my druid and now its broken. Reinstalling isn't issue as nothing has changed since i was on line 5 minutes ago.

and 5 more mins later i can login..
Last edited by Deemo; 05-20-2014 at 04:27 PM..
Old 05-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Kobold

Just got home and turned on my PC and I got this message. I reset my internet, didn't work. Decided to reset PC, even though I just turned it on, and it's working now.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Happened to me last night.

After trying several times on several accounts and several different servers, I rebooted.

Upon restart, still the same error message, several times, on several accounts, on every server.

Walked away for about 10 minutes, came back, and it was fine.

I was talking to people were in game, through TS, so I know the server wasn't down.
Closed Thread