Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Evil cities to level in?

I’m playing a ranger, currently level 35, and I’m curious what evil cities would offer some exp.

I see necros killing guards in Felwithe all the time, I’m wondering if there are some evil cities I can do the same in.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2017, 04:21 PM
Aviak

Grobb, Oggok, and Neriak are all decent places to hunt in for XP/plat, but this is typically done by charm killing, root rotting, etc. So yes, there definitely are.

The problem is these guards have a lot of HP and hit hard for their level, so it may not be the best choice to try killing as a melee. Though I suppose you could bring a crew of fellow do-gooders.

Paineel is also popular as an evil city to kill skeleton guards in, but this is usually done by other evil characters who are keyed there as those guards are on their own faction - they are also lower level.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Kobold

Halfling Guards in Rivervale/Misty are an option. Or you could opt to kill Dwarves in Kaladim
Old 12-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Druids often quad kite in Oggok. Neriak I hear is a pain in the butt. Grobb's a good spot for pet classes/enchanters, I think.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 12-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Banned

You will soon be able to handle the two guards in front of the gate into neriak foreign quarter. I'm talking inside neriak, not the two turbo killers at the ent to neriak itself
Old 12-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Banned

And actually in the foreign quarter mercantile area are many level 35 guards most of whom drop Fs. I leveled a fair amount In my 40s there on filbus. Have fun!
Old 12-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

There are lots of guard-hunting ideas in the Per-Level Hunting guide (link in signature) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally I gained several levels on my Shaman killing Troll guards in Grobb. Just avoid Basher Nanrum (cons the same as the others but is harder) and of course any of the red Trolls, and you can root/rot the rest of the Bashers for pretty good XP and plat (they each drop items that sell for about 10p).

But as others have already said, the guard's hit points make them less than ideal for melee.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

It's not an evil city but Highkeep is nice for guard killing
I like the exp and coin so much I generally lvl all my chars there. I'm kos to west Freeport though because of it, but it's worth it to me.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-03-2017, 02:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've levelled up in Paineel from 18+, and I know I can hang there til 40-45 ish but I was thinking of trying grobb or something else. Thanks for the feedback guys!

I guess I didn't consider the high health. I do have an fbss on loan, and an ikky bp---idk if that matters overall though
Old 12-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhannahgnome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m playing a ranger, currently level 35, and I’m curious what evil cities would offer some exp.

I see necros killing guards in Felwithe all the time, I’m wondering if there are some evil cities I can do the same in.

Thanks!
I would say oggok, it's outdoors so you can harmony, sow and kite some with bow if you have to. Start at the ent and work your way to the bank.

Grobb is outdoors also but guards are alot tougher. Around 45 you could start on them.
Closed Thread