Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can still get them, just be prepared to wait 60+ hours.

Why exactly did you link a YouTube video of you fighting a spider for 15 minutes?
I reckon this is how my nephew feels when he sees his grandparents on facebook.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:42 PM
Skeleton

With all the talk about Seal Team being evil dictators, who would have thought it would be Black Lotus who turned out to be the true scum bags of the merger. And to think, I almost joined them.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfFate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With all the talk about Seal Team being evil dictators, who would have thought it would be Black Lotus who turned out to be the true scum bags of the merger. And to think, I almost joined them.
I’ll take Comments out of Nowhere for $1000.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfFate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Storytime? Or random accusations?
Old 01-25-2020, 11:19 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Without any proof of said accusations it sounds like it's false and this person just wants to be flamer to try and attempt to put the heat on another guild. Whatever the case let's just take a moment to recall the FTE race for Naggy right after the merger and Rogean shouting at Seal Team for pulling some shady business. Just some food for thought before you go running good guilds through the mud. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-25-2020, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

Without wanting to give this person too much attention, Black Lotus did kick a few douche-nozzles from the guild last week and I suspect the above person is one of them.

With that said, I also heard a recent rumor that Seal Team has also kicked people for being assholes.

So lets all just take a moment, take a breath and be thankful for the hope that guilds in general on green don't seem to be lowering their standards just for warm bodies.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In 1999, people played to make friends and have fun doing stuff! We weren't all min/maxers waving our hands around in frustration or quitting if we couldn't get a manastone and loot all BiS items...

What are your priorities in life?
So, since the merge, lots people KS, camp stealing. Low level trying to camp orcs, but high level working faction, farming DF belts for alts. High level camping dervs for rings. Asked a Druid for port to NK, only had 2 gold, 20 silver 100 copper. Dropped me at Toxx and complained about the tip an left me. Sat on list for spawn 8 hours, person camping just before me was solo, then had someone join that wasn't on the list. Original person left, then person that joined took the camp instead of respecting the list. Toxic doesn't begin to describe Tealed/Green.
And it goes on an on, elites dont want to see the plight of the regular players, legacy items? How about just exp an some pp?
The pop timers are wrong in tons of zones, all spawns dont share one timer in a zone, wtf?!
The population of some zone way off, wrong number of some mobs, lots of mobs completely missing from zones, experience gained from lots of mobs completely wrong. ZEM's were not live this early. Classic? This is someone very vague memory of classic. If you actually played then you would wonder what the hell this is. Its a bunch of newer players heard about classic then want to play, classic people didn't have this kind knowledge. Plus, when the devs don't even have that knowledge of classic makes you wonder why try to make classic? Its a twisted mix of new and old with lots of fudging. Why the hell would you have ZEM's knowning damn well high end content is extremely limited in classic? Lets help lots of people get to 50 quick, then have nothing to do but jack with all the lower end spawns that newer players trying to enjoy? Genius
Old 01-27-2020, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, since the merge, lots people KS, camp stealing. Low level trying to camp orcs, but high level working faction, farming DF belts for alts. High level camping dervs for rings.
If you're there for XP, did you try asking the higher level if you could kill the mobs and they could take the belts? Generally I've found most higher levels who are farming drops are more than happy to agree to that arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pop timers are wrong in tons of zones, all spawns dont share one timer in a zone, wtf?!
Not sure which timers you think are wrong. Many zones back in the day had the same respawn timer for most mobs in the zone. If you think things are wrong, then do some research and provide evidence. The staff are usually very willing to make changes if evidence can be provided that something is incorrect.

Quote:
The population of some zone way off, wrong number of some mobs, lots of mobs completely missing from zones, experience gained from lots of mobs completely wrong. ZEM's were not live this early. Classic? This is someone very vague memory of classic. If you actually played then you would wonder what the hell this is.
Again, if you think things are wrong with some of the mobs, then do the research and provide the evidence to prove it and I'm sure the staff will be happy to change it. But "I'm pissy because I remember something this way and you should just trust my memory of something from 20 years ago otherwise you're wrong!1!11!!!" doesn't really cut it here as a standard for making changes to the server...

Quote:
Its a bunch of newer players heard about classic then want to play, classic people didn't have this kind knowledge.
You're right, we didn't have the knowledge back then that we do now. It's what comes with playing the game for 20 years and is unavoidable. So unless you have one of those Men in Black memory eraser things...
Old 01-27-2020, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
So, since the merge, lots people KS, camp stealing. Low level trying to camp orcs, but high level working faction, farming DF belts for alts. High level camping dervs for rings. Asked a Druid for port to NK, only had 2 gold, 20 silver 100 copper. Dropped me at Toxx and complained about the tip an left me. Sat on list for spawn 8 hours, person camping just before me was solo, then had someone join that wasn't on the list. Original person left, then person that joined took the camp instead of respecting the list. Toxic doesn't begin to describe Tealed/Green.
And it goes on an on, elites dont want to see the plight of the regular players, legacy items? How about just exp an some pp?
The population of some zone way off, wrong number of some mobs, lots of mobs completely missing from zones, experience gained from lots of mobs completely wrong. ZEM's were not live this early. Classic? This is someone very vague memory of classic. If you actually played then you would wonder what the hell this is. Its a bunch of newer players heard about classic then want to play, classic people didn't have this kind knowledge. Plus, when the devs don't even have that knowledge of classic makes you wonder why try to make classic? Its a twisted mix of new and old with lots of fudging. Why the hell would you have ZEM's knowning damn well high end content is extremely limited in classic? Lets help lots of people get to 50 quick, then have nothing to do but jack with all the lower end spawns that newer players trying to enjoy? Genius
My personal experience has been completely different than this except for agreeing with you about HHK ZEM. FWIW, I'm 45 and have been in one HHK goblin group and zero noble groups and most of my exp has come from grouping, not soloing. And people have been overall very cool.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without wanting to give this person too much attention, Black Lotus did kick a few douche-nozzles from the guild last week.
re-invite me pls

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread