Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 08:13 AM
Kobold

Default Questions re. Electrum Bladed Wakizashi

Hi gang, I have both fangs required for the quest and I took my level 37 warrior out to Mistmoore. I have a couple questions before i go any further.

I have to hand the fangs into the avenging caitiff. Is the caitiff not KoS like the rest of the zone? Am I able to walk up and just hand them in, like a regular quest, or must I first do some faction work someplace? (Ogre warrior)

How difficult would it be for a 37 warrior to reach the caitiff alone? My initial thought is I would probably need at least a duo partner to help me?

How rare is the caitiff?

Any more info you can give me regarding this quest would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Good hunting to you all.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:50 AM
Orc

KoS: No. I'm pretty sure the caitiff is non-KoS to all (certainly non-KoS to me). No faction work needed AFAIK.

Getting there: Mostly doable with an invis pot, though you have to watch out for see invis stuff. One of the caitiff's 2 PHs is a will pillager which sees invis (the other is a deathly dusher, which does not). When you're breaking in, if the PH is up and it's a will pillager, you have to be careful because it paths all the way down to the graveyard, so you can end up getting engaged down there where you're at risk of adds. The other danger in getting there which I'm not as sure of is the jail area - in my 40s I never got proximity aggro passing through when see invis stuff was up, but I'm not sure about a 37 warrior.

Pop rate: Around ~20% is what I observed based on ~130 potential caitiff pops.

A duo partner is probably a good idea for a 37 warrior. If you can get to the spot, the area is pretty safe. The deathly usher PH will run at 20%, so you'll need to some way to stop him. The will pillager PH won't run at 20%, but as mentioned before, can present a break-in challenge. Aside from the caitiff PHs, the only other danger is trains that occasionally path back into the castle through the secret entrance. I always used hide between pops as a habit when camping the caitiff because of this. Sometimes there'd be many hours without a train, other times it'd be every 10 minutes - just depends on who is doing what in the castle I guess.

Good luck! Feel free to hit me up in-game if you ever see me in Faydwer and I can come help you. It's a pretty chill camp.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Wow thanks for the detailed explanation mate and even more for the offer of help!
Old 06-05-2020, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

If you go at night, the secret entrance to the stairway will be full of 3 see-invis mobs. If you go during the daytime, they won’t be see-invis.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you go at night, the secret entrance to the stairway will be full of 3 see-invis mobs. If you go during the daytime, they won’t be see-invis.
Wait for real? Is this true?
Learn something new everyday about this game lol
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

yeah I had no idea that undead vs live mobs were on night time daytime cycle in MM, but it makes sense with the werewolves on one! DERP!

I suppose to clarify, go when all the mobs re-spawned during the day, and they wont be see-invis?

Very cool!

Also you can hide from trains easily below the elevator in the tower! Just dont go up it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2020, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, daytime is best to go in. For a warrior, 1 invis ring click is enough to go from entrance to the PH. At night, you'd need to hit an IVU pot once you are inside the false wall in the back of the graveyard.

If you aren't sure which mobs are up, go to third person and zoom out. you can edge up to the corner at the jail entrance and open the nearest door from out of line of sight to see if its a live or undead mob inside the cell.

I did this at 37 as a ranger and mobs would take about 60-65% of my hp, which I was then able to heal up after the fight and then med till the next repop. For a warrior, I'm not sure if the 22 or 23 min repop will give you enough time to natural regen between spawns.

The caitiff repops on a slightly different timer than the rest of the zone, i forget if its 22 or 23 mins. I want to say zone is 23 mins and caitiff is 22? Or it's flipped.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

If you have invis and know where to go, it is like a 20 sec walk into the gy/invis wall. If vampires are up (night time) you will aggro them if you walk through bottom of tower without ivu...so be careful of them...although at 50, prob not much risk. If the vampires spawn at night in the bottom of the tower, they don't always despawn at morning iirc...so just assume they are going to be up.

There is likely someone camping the caitiff for his loot...you want to figure out who that person is and let them know you are doing a turn in.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is likely someone camping the caitiff for his loot...you want to figure out who that person is and let them know you are doing a turn in.
If anyone is camping him, you won't be able to do a turnin until they pass you the camp since he despawns on turnin, costing the camper his/her loot.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone is camping him, you won't be able to do a turnin until they pass you the camp since he despawns on turnin, costing the camper his/her loot.
I'm not sure what the legal status on p99 with this anymore...but you are 100% correct on the despawn.

Personally, I think it is the right thing for a camper (especially a farmer sitting in the tower for 12 hours) is to give the spawn to someone with the hand in ready to go.

Technically, mistmoor is an outdoor zone and the caitiff doesn't have a static spawn point iirc (he can spawn on any point of his pathing up or down the tower)....SO, possibly whoever engages first might have a legal leg to stand on...

but come on...don't be a jerk. if someone is respectable enough at this camp to tell you he has a hand in ready to go then you should keep the timer and take an extra afk this round watching youtube.
Closed Thread