Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-05-2020, 06:52 AM
Large Bat

Question Zones have gone almost 95% dark.

While traveling from Freeport to Butcherblock via boat, all of the lightning and rendering effects were working until I got near the Gfay zone line where some textures were completely black. I zoned into Gfay and couldn't see anything. I logged out, restarted my client, loaded back in and found my way back to butcherblock and now BB is completely black except for whenever thunder sounds happen and I get a flash of color over everything for a split second. Every texture seems to be almost completely shaded black now.

I haven't changed any of my color, graphics, etc settings. What could be causing this and how can I fix this? Screencap below.

https://i.imgur.com/0I9v7Mt.jpg

EDIT: Daytime hours seem to restore everything, what's going on with the night time hours?
Last edited by Wakichoto; 06-05-2020 at 06:54 AM..
Old 06-05-2020, 07:51 AM
Fire Giant

Idk if it's intended, but I have to put my gamma to near 100 in gfay at night time as a high elf to be able to see reasonably.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Are you a blind race? Have you got a lightsource? Because that can be quite as expected...
Old 06-05-2020, 08:56 AM
Large Bat

I'll check my gamma settings, thank you. I've never experienced this before even as a human monk. The consistent problem is Butcherblock is affected, too.(Currently on an Erudite mage)
Old 06-05-2020, 09:44 AM
Developer

That looks correct. If you need, you can also make sure your monitor brightness isn’t set too low.

Humans, erudites, and barbarians all have poor vision during the night and rely on light sources and magic effects in order to see any better. You can find a good light source like lightstones to help you see in your vicinity. Also item effects and spells like infravision and ultravision will provide much better vision at night.
Last edited by Telin; 06-05-2020 at 09:54 AM..
Old 06-05-2020, 07:33 PM
Large Bat

Thank you, Telin! I thought the game looked weird during the afternoon times when some of the textures went from BB green to just black. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I purchased a lantern from Kaladim.