Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation I implore the p99 staff to allow Target Through Nearest NPC on BLUE

I implore the p99 staff to allow Cycle Through Nearest NPC on BLUE

I'll begin by saying I understand it's not in the classic timeline and I will most certainly get flak by the shit's classic community here. But I beseech the staff to please allow the hotkey Cycle Through Nearest NPC on the BLUE/RED servers. On green I understand it will be and needs to be disabled.

There are other non classic elements on blue and red. The latest of these is the Pet Window which after much player backlash was decided to be allowed on blue/red. I understand that this decision was based on how era close it was implemented. But that never changed the fact that it wasn't classic.

I feel Cycle Through Nearest NPC on BLUE/RED falls in a very similar category. The Pet window functions can be done through other means. Mostly many hotkey macros for each command. Similarly the target hotkey can done through many hotkey macros however in a way that is similarly detrimental to the player.

I sincerely hope the staff can see a way to allow this hotkey on blue/red. Thank you for your time and everything you do to make project 1999 great.

This is not a rants and flames thread.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-30-2019 at 11:45 AM..
Old 09-30-2019, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

Mouse click targeting is so bad in this game. Forcing someone to use a poorly designed feature for the sake of classic is silly.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castamere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mouse click targeting is so bad in this game. Forcing someone to use a poorly designed feature for the sake of classic is silly.
Not as silly as a bunch of players complaining about a feature that is not classic on a server that's main focus and goal has been to bring the game as close to classic as possible.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Previous pet window reversal was stated that it was allowed to stay on blue since it was same patch as custom UI and very close to velious, but hot bars were disabled due to being too far out of classic timeline.

Following this logic, I wouldn't hold your breath for it to stay on blue, too far out of timeline.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Sure took long enough to implement. To me, that time passed was enough for me to believe staff wasn't as concerned about some of the smaller details. Time has proven me wrong.
Last edited by Castamere; 09-30-2019 at 11:42 AM..
Old 09-30-2019, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castamere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daybreak TLP is that way. ======>
Old 09-30-2019, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkotron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daybreak TLP is that way. ======>
Thanks for the suggestion. I personally don't want to see people leave the server.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I personally don't want to see people leave the server.
I don't believe anyone wants that, I know I don't. But if you're not happy with the server's intention that they made clear a decade ago, then it may be for the best.

/shrug
Old 09-30-2019, 11:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
If the only way they’ll play is if classic changes are rolled back: I do.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't believe anyone wants that, I know I don't. But if you're not happy with the server's intention that they made clear a decade ago, then it may be for the best.

/shrug
Agreed. These changes are new. We'll see how they settle in.
Closed Thread