Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

I miss the old alli
Old 08-26-2020, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can probably stop right there. Freedom made a guild to benefit themselves, just the same way Riot formed and operates to benefit itself. No one is altruistic, here. Freedom's only problem with the current meta is that they aren't the ones who benefit the most from it. Do you think fif they were winning the majority of mobs in the current meta, that they would be in favor of a change that would result in them getting less?
My stance on the current raid scene has pretty much been unchanged since the DAY rooted dragons were implement. For the record, Aftermath very much cleaned up that day. The only big mob we didn't get was Vulak, because a flury re spawned on us while vulak was at like 15%. A mega alliance, of something like 250 players killed Vulak that day instead of Aftermath.

I said that was some of the most fun raiding i've ever had, but people are going to burn out. And that's what happened. Vulak became 1 guild mob. If you have wanted Vulak loot for the last year, your ONLY choice is to join Riot. Which is an issue.

AND just to put this out there, before Freedom formed, I app'd to Riot. And I was excited to join Riot, as I always wanted to see what it was like to raid with "The other side". The reason i withdrew my app was because I wanted to raid with my EQ family one more time, and because I want to see this server competitive again. I can copy/paste logs with the Riot recruitment officer where I clearly talk about how underwhelming raiding is now with 0 competition on most ToV targets. I can copy paste logs of me trying to talk officers of Paradigm Shift to compete more in ToV, and strategies required. I can copy and paste "welcome back" messages to (or /ooc) awakened/tempest members that i'm happy to see them not suspended anymore because it was so boring without them.

I would like to say that I am confident that the arguments I make about competition in ToV are not motivated by the allure of more pixels coming my way. Maybe there are! But I can say for a fact that i have been banging on this "Keep competition on p99" drum for years now
Old 08-26-2020, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Also one last nugget: Most players in Freedom would currently be app'd to, or a full member (or an officer) of Riot right now if they didn't decide to outright deny Detoxx's application to the guild. Something.. Detoxx would have never done himself. When Tempest died, Kelzaraz was free to app to aftermath. And after years of hate messages between the two of them, I vividly remember Detoxx telling people to give him a chance in our guild before judging him for his past.

The guy has been raiding on this server for like, over half a decade at this point. I mean shit, I was 20 years old the first time i played p99. I'm now 30. To say that there has been personal growth in those 10 years is an understatement.

I can't recall one time that Aftermath outright denied an application of a player. You guys assumed you knew the type of person that he was and told him you can't sit with us. If you let him in, you would have learned differently. And, if you let him in, Riot wouldn't have any of the issues it's having now. You wouldn't care about racing, because you would still have Furoar. You wouldn't care about whats going to happen in ToV, because there really wasn't a second entity fighting for Vulaks.

cray
Old 08-26-2020, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Renamed Guild 3: Revenge of the Detoxx
Old 08-26-2020, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only trend I notice is whatever guild is on top at the moment are treated like an evil empire...riot does nothing but win eq and people want to cry about it.
I hate to break it to you, but Riot doing other things besides winning. And then they cry about it when they don't win for 20 something pages of lawyer quest.

Every time.

That is not winning.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also one last nugget: Most players in Freedom would currently be app'd to, or a full member (or an officer) of Riot right now if they didn't decide to outright deny Detoxx's application to the guild. Something.. Detoxx would have never done himself. When Tempest died, Kelzaraz was free to app to aftermath. And after years of hate messages between the two of them, I vividly remember Detoxx telling people to give him a chance in our guild before judging him for his past.

The guy has been raiding on this server for like, over half a decade at this point. I mean shit, I was 20 years old the first time i played p99. I'm now 30. To say that there has been personal growth in those 10 years is an understatement.

I can't recall one time that Aftermath outright denied an application of a player. You guys assumed you knew the type of person that he was and told him you can't sit with us. If you let him in, you would have learned differently. And, if you let him in, Riot wouldn't have any of the issues it's having now. You wouldn't care about racing, because you would still have Furoar. You wouldn't care about whats going to happen in ToV, because there really wasn't a second entity fighting for Vulaks.

cray
Detoxx literally called me a cheating cunt, whiny bitch, etc., on numerous occasions. Why on God's green earth would I want to be associated with him? I've posted the screen caps in RnF before. The dude antagonized dozens of Riot members and officers over the years. I don't care if Riot folds next week, Detoxx has been a scumbag to me. I'd rather lose with people I like than win with people who have treated me like Detoxx.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Detoxx literally called me a cheating cunt, whiny bitch, etc., on numerous occasions. Why on God's green earth would I want to be associated with him? I've posted the screen caps in RnF before. The dude antagonized dozens of Riot members and officers over the years. I don't care if Riot folds next week, Detoxx has been a scumbag to me. I'd rather lose with people I like than win with people who have treated me like Detoxx.
Sorry you got whiny. Consider not being.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah dawg u just call him fuckin dongtoxx and then dock him 5 dkp for being a piece of shit or something. we all just love EQ afterall.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Detoxx literally called me a cheating cunt
Pics or it didnt happen. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:17 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread